So this is hard for me, but what do you guys think

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
I just want to say I wish I didn't have to get rid of this. But family is first. And one day, I'll be getting another one. I'm not hurting for money, just hurting for a vehicle I can drive everyday with enough room for family.
This is my pride, and with you guys help, you've helped me threw the build, and I appreciate that.

I've had 1 guy offer me 5k cash, and he agreed for me to take items off like cooling plate, Mbc, weezle wing, sunshade, wideband, boost gauge, radio, wheels, st front and rear sway bars, safc2. Do you think this is a good offer?

I was originally offering for 8k, but then realized I don't think I would get that much so it's now to 7k.

Here's the owner history on this,
I'm the 3rd owner, and have done all mods on the car. I recieved it bone stock
The 2nd owner, was older gentleman, who bought it off his best friend because dealership wasn't going to give him any money for it. So he bought it, and just parked it under a garage the whole time.
The original owner, kept maintance at all times on this at Toyota since leaving off lot, how do I know for sure, because I've got a stack of invoices from gaskets all the way to reman turbos. Over 20k in receipts.

Here's what I've done so far:

Aero motive afpr with steel braded lines
Aem 330lph intake fuel pump
Weezle wing, this is a targa brace
Suspension techniques front and rear sway bars, not installed
Cooleze accordion pipe, not installed
Rear strut brace, not installed
Hks turbo timer
Dual pod gauge
Defi boost gauge
Aem wideband
Hallman manual boost gauge
Hks authentic bov
Safc2, not installed
ACT Stage 2plus clutch,
Fidanza light weight flywheel
Felpro head gasket
Arp head bolts torqued to 95ft lbs.
Bored .20 over
New internals
Radiator reflective cooling plate
Timing belt, water pump, and other belts are brand new as well
have tons and tons of reciepts from dealership from washers to new reman turbo on this car
and tons of reciepts of purchases i did without the dealership
130k miles on body
1989 5 speed

cons:
dent in corner of targa top, dropped by previous owner, have another top, just needs painted
crack in one tail light
slight and I do mean slight dent on passenger side
scratch on rear bumper, like 2in length x 1/8in wide. Hardly unnoticable
driver seat has tear
Powersteering leak, haven't had time to trace yet

as far as the interior:
burgandy
leather seats

overall, one of the best lookin mk3's around
i would score in outside 8.5/10
and the score for inside 9/10

i do have EVERYTHING to put it back to stock as well
I hardly drive this car, i treated it like the last owner, always stored and driven on occasion.

I have the paperwork as well as pictures of the rebuild.
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot here. I love this car to death, but I have to move on. Family is most important.
I have over 12k just into parts here not including the car cost.

I know I'm not going to get what I put into it, but keep in mind, this is a rare care to have at the condition it's in.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Sounds like its going to be tough letting the car go but it's nice to see that you put family first. Unless you find a true Supra fan who understands what you've done I think $3-5,000 is what you'll get.

DeMoN2318

May 24, 2012
Arizona
$5k seems low to me...

I paid $4200 for mine and yours has more done to it and seems nicer...plus you have documents to back up the work...maybe I got ripped off but I think $5k is low

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
It's hard for me bc, yes I kno every1 to has tons into there mk3, but It's priced weird. Meaning 10-12k could get you a 2jz mk3 and 8-10 for 1jzmk3. So pricing this for a 7m is hard.
Thanks demon for your input. And I said this as well. 5k bring to low. That's why I would keep the following above and make at least 1k from those parts.

Satx, there would be no way I would go under 5k. That's not reasonable for this.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Anyway you could get another car that would fit the family and keep the supra? It sounds like you really like your car and don't want to get rid of it.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
I know but unless you find someone to appreciate the work you put in they will mostly see the looks and no the performance. I'm not saying you won't get more but how long can you hold on to find the right buyer? To me try and get a car loan to get that family car and keep this car for get away time. If you can hold on til December then car dealerships are making deals to get the old stock off lots and minimize taxes.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
satx88supra;1973380 said:
I know but unless you find someone to appreciate the work you put in they will mostly see the looks and no the performance. I'm not saying you won't get more but how long can you hold on to find the right buyer? To me try and get a car loan to get that family car and keep this car for get away time. If you can hold on til December then car dealerships are making deals to get the old stock off lots and minimize taxes.

Sent from my LG Optimus G

I agree or you could always get an older Toyota Camary (say 08-09). They aren't very expensive, easily maintainable and reliable.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Maybe try to trade?
If you can find someone older whose kids are off to college and wants to trade in their family sedan for a sports car, you might get more bang for your buck.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
Suck it up and find another way.

I wussed out years ago with bills piling up and sold my hard work, time and money down the river.

10 years (?) later I look back and wish I never sold my supra.

Trust me. Tuck it away for a rainy day

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
i'm with this guy^^ sounds like you've got a solid car not worth selling...

I've been offered 12k for one of my 89's (in 2007), granted the factory paint, trim, ect was spotless, and so was the interior. But it wasn't worth selling to me. the only mods that car had was 20k mile jdm engine, exhaust, and '91 wheels

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
If you're not hurting for money, just buy a roomy daily driver.
You can get a bulletproof jeep cherokee for like $1500.

T3rril79

Dec 10, 2010
Huntsville Alabama
supraguy@aol;1973526 said:
If you're not hurting for money, just buy a roomy daily driver.
You can get a bulletproof jeep cherokee for like $1500.

Other than the occassion trans failure from poor maintainence, those things are rock solid and roomy.

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
T3rril79;1973532 said:
Other than the occassion trans failure from poor maintainence, those things are rock solid and roomy.

Although not as roomy, the tranny HAS to be better than the 4L30E in my Trooper.