So supras are a good touge car

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Whats up guys well as some of you may know I'm into touge(also known as mountain racing,or cayon racing)But my car has'nt been on the road until a month ago well as I have been getting better at driving/racing and am still learning/getting better I have been going to some of these roads with my crew and the car feels great.I let one of the other members in my crew who has been doing this for awhile and he said the car did a lot better than he thought it could ever do.The car sill has some flaws and I still think it has way to much body roll but I think with some sway bars I should be good.My cars pretty much stock my set up is eibach springs,with tokico shocks all around with some gripy 245 tires in the rear.I normaly don't make that many threads.I just lurk and post when the times needed.But I made this thread to get some good conversation going about drive skill,and the one thing we all share in common the mark three supra.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
yea some times the hardest part about it is finding places that are nice and safe to.Theres not that many places in Jersey here but the few spots we have in jersey and new york we keep on the DL.

Edit:great way to find roads is google earth.It helps a lot

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
http://nedrift.com/index.php?showtopic=1645

Just thought you might be interested in case Vermont isn't to far out of your range. Touge seems like it would be a lot of fun and I can't wait to try it sometime. I think this season my brother and I will be going out to some hillclimbs.

Also the Supra is an awesome car for this type of driving if set up properly. A good suspension is key. It seems you have some room to improve from the simple shock spring combo you already have. It's nice to see people doing motorsports like this with the supra. It has a large potential to do very well and many people don't even know it.

rs4rush

Jan 25, 2007
Kirkland, Wa
That’s exactly what I have been doing!!! But the issue is there like an hour away! So gas gets a bit expensive.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
rs4rush;942868 said:
Are there any websites covering more about tough racing???

theres like none out there.Theres a few talking about it.If you need any info on how to find roads.Good tips or good rules pm me

kjj512;942862 said:
http://nedrift.com/index.php?showtopic=1645

Just thought you might be interested in case Vermont isn't to far out of your range. Touge seems like it would be a lot of fun and I can't wait to try it sometime. I think this season my brother and I will be going out to some hillclimbs.

Also the Supra is an awesome car for this type of driving if set up properly. A good suspension is key. It seems you have some room to improve from the simple shock spring combo you already have. It's nice to see people doing motorsports like this with the supra. It has a large potential to do very well and many people don't even know it.

Yea I've seen a few places in vermont.The places me and my crew are dying to go to in in NC deals gap.It's sick theres miles and miles of sick ass roads.Go on youtube and search for deals gap or tail of the dragon.

yea I know it's not much but it's not bad for right now.I also have ss brake lines that I should be installing soon and I'm getting a master cylinder brace made for me just so I could late brake for some tures and get my time better.

yea i was talking to your bother tim and I was thinking of going to the shop one day to check it out and than at night hit up some spots out there in PA if you have any.If not I might be able to find some.pm if you want to mee up one weekend.We could hit up some spots by me or by you or in NY

suprafanatic90t

Mar 31, 2005
Spring Hill Tennessee
Deals gap is an awsome road. i haven't been on there in my car yet but i have driven a few times on my bike and it was a blast. it would be awesome if we could get a group together for a weekend drive up there. also check out the cherohala skyway which is part of a big loop around Robinsville NC.

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
suprafanatic90t;942896 said:
Deals gap is an awsome road. i haven't been on there in my car yet but i have driven a few times on my bike and it was a blast. it would be awesome if we could get a group together for a weekend drive up there. also check out the cherohala skyway which is part of a big loop around Robinsville NC.

yea me and my crew were thinking of going down there for a long weekend or a week.If we do go down there I'll let you know but if anything we should plan somthing as supra owners so we could all get some runs and just chill.who would be down?I can't do anything any time soon but I'm thinking when the weather warms up.

kjj512

May 27, 2006
PA
Yeah brakes are another thing that will definitely hold you back. For all daily purposes the stock brakes are fine. However once you start pushing them and they get hot, you can get into some bad situations especially if your on a mountain road. Luckily it was an infield turn at Pocono when mine decided to go to hell.

Yeah I had a feeling you had talked to Tim before, he'll probably post something in this thread when he sees it. I don't know if the car will be up for mountain roads anytime soon. We are about to start a swap next week which should be interesting to say the least. Well probably be working on the car a lot from the 7th to the 16th. Because I am actually at Pennstate right now so he's pretty much on his own with the swap except for the 2nd week of march. I wish I had the car up here I know a lot of guys who know all the good roads here. Maybe sometime I could bring it up I got another 3 years .

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
yea I have a good idea since the brakes on our cars are ok but when they get hot they go to shit and it mostley the rear brakes that give out after a few runs.So I was thinking I don't know if anybody has done this on a supra or any car for that matter and if any body could give me ponters that would be cool.I was thinking of useing pvc pipeing with some acordeon hose to cool the brakes off.I removed my fog lights and I was was thinking of letting the cool air run into the hose from there.It's hard to do the front brake because they turn.But the rears should be no problem.You guys at TIP are prety smart and you guys have a big imagination so maybe you guys could draw somthing nice on paper try it out and give me some ponters.This spring when I have some free time I'm going to try this and maybe do a littel right up on it.

edi

May 17, 2006
www.pxracing.com
yeah, i've been into touge for a long time since i had an AE86. but since i've moved from Cali to New Mexico and sold th 86 to get my A70 i havnt been tougeing... till just reciently. i just got new coil overs for my A70 and went on a mountain run just this weekend. theres some pretty nice roads out here in NM. i've just got to tune my suspension better and upgrade my breaks and i'll be set.

7Mboost

7M Powered
Aug 15, 2006
Gainesville, FL
I wanna drive the Dragon soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo freaking bad!

~318 turns in 11 miles

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
touge = japanese term for what we've been calling canyon carving forever.

Yes, the Supra will piss of Hondas quite well as though they are much heavier, we can fit far larger tires and aren't affected as easily by bumps mid corner.

Definately one of my favorite things to do with my car, but the stock brakes are lacking (my rotors are permanently BLUE from the heat they've had to endure..)

got_boosted

I need a turbo! >:(
Mar 3, 2006
Sacramento, CA
I live about a mile from an awesome canyon. My car sees it quite often.:) Canyon carving and road course type stuff is what my car is getting built for.

Collin