So my GF bought a pig today...

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Now how the hell do I train it? I know they are smart and are kinda like dogs.

She eats dog food already, but she panicks everytime someone puts their hand near the cage. She'll huff and will act like she'll bite you but never does. I'm the only one not scared of her and she knows this. Once you pick her up out of the cage, she completely relaxes and will most likely fall asleep in your arms. She needs to be in the cage otherwise we'll never catch her and she'll squeal like crazy if we do try to catch her.

She's around 9 lbs. and she's, I guess, a mini pot belly pig. The previous owner said she'll probably only get around 40-50 lbs because the parents were small.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Lol, her dad was making bacon and pork jokes all day long. The first time it squealed at me I told my GF that I was gonna throw her in the lake. Then she told me that the pig can swim. WTF.

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
I swear it takes me twice as long to post if johnny posts first, that signature is hypnotizing.......

I have no clue how to train the pig, but I do know what to do if you end up not being able to train it :)

Skam9685

1992 Honda Prelude SI
Jun 22, 2007
Oldsmar, Florida, United States
dcrusupra said:
Lol, her dad was making bacon and pork jokes all day long. The first time it squealed at me I told my GF that I was gonna throw her in the lake. Then she told me that the pig can swim. WTF.

That's when you tell your girlfriend that yall should go to the room so you can make her squeal like a pig.....works everytime j/k

I dunno anything about pigs as far as training. I think for the most part a pig is a pig and that's how they will act at the end of the day. I don't think there are any trainers in our area for pigs either.

My advice would be search, search, search.

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
Zach said:
I swear it takes me twice as long to post if johnny posts first, that signature is hypnotizing.......

I lose a few minutes of my life every thread Johnny posts in, that I look at.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
damn, I'm on the main page glance down and read the topic... died laughing for at least ten seconds.. pics please. whats this piggy look like.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
spider-pig.jpg

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
All that being said, and after looking at a few pictures of PB pigs, I couldn't have one as a pet, and don't see the "cuteness" others do. Looks like food to me. ;).

But, people like different things, so be it! :)

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Jeff Lange said:
WTF mate. Any Simpsons fan should have loved the movie. It was like going back in time 10 years. Pure gold.
I am a HUGE simpsons fan. The movie was a complete let down.
On that note, Cook the fucking pig!