So.. im getting deployed next week..

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
well.. im finally going overseas.. probably end up just going to kuwait and hanging out for a year or so.. but ive got a few questions can anyone tell me what to expect? how did your mobilization go? what exactly will i be DOING at the mob site?? any comments would be much appreciated, thanks fellas...

CTsupra

Supramania Contributor
Hey, good luck to you man! Keep your head down, and your eyes and ears OPEN! Also, shoot first, ask questions later.

I'm getting deployed to Afghanistan at the end of the month. I'll be back sometime in April; going to join up with the rest of my unit that's already there.

Last edited:
K

Kev-O

Yo man, if you know that you are only going to be in Kuwait, then you dont have to worry about shit. Only way your gonna get hurt or die is if you're in a vehicle accident or something like that. I'm on my thrid deployment in Iraq right now...sucks, but your chances of being hurt is slim, unless you are with a grunt unit or a motor T guy and going out on patrols and covoys all the time then your percentage goes up slightly. But seriously, everyone i know who deployed for their first time always had worries and questions and was just plain nervous. But once you get here and get in the routine of things it aint that bad. Just bring your "A" game everyday to work cuz this is what you trained for back when your in the states. stay sharp, dont get complacent, and watch out for the guy to the left and right of you. Stay safe bro.

Kevin

Puppy Eater

from the rooftop...
Mar 31, 2005
in your dreams....
edit: yeah i just realized i posted about my unit, what we do, our size, where we're going and everything that they told us not to in the operational security video..

Last edited by a moderator:

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Hey man...you do need to edit the post :3d_frown:
You know better than that.

Kuwait is not too bad...be thankful we pulled out of Saudi and Iraq is a whole different ball game