So if you turn the key, and you get nothing... Alarm?

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
Brewster said:
My car did the exact same thing because of a disconnected ground on the transmission.

i drive my car around with the ground to the tranny disconnected....i dont know why im so lazy to not crawl under there and just hook it up lol... but it hasnt effected anything that ive seen in the past forever ive been driving it like that lol

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
supra90turbo said:
Yeah, it sucks when they don't want to disarm...
I remember when mine fucked up... what a day that was.
I had to count to 100, turn around 5 times counter clockwise while saying "baa baa black sheep", get my neighbor to do the truffle shuffle while I ran inside to grab a nintendo controller and type in the Mario "invincibility" code, then sacrifice a small woodland creature to Apollo, the sun god.
that was a crazy day i tell you...

You too huh?, damn Supra gods have a chip on their shoulders I think.
Prolly cause Toyota put in a factory alarm that only works when the owner wants to get into his/her car.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Shaeff; I have a question about this shit.

I bought an aftermarket alarm Viper700 or something like that and when they installed it, they wired it INTO the factory alarm...

Now, the car won't start. And, I can't lock the door from the outside since the driver side key lock is stuck and the pass. side only un-locks it. Hence getting keyless entry.

So my question is; if I remove the theft deterrent box and cut/ground the wire, is my new alarm not going to work also?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Disced said:
Shaeff; I have a question about this shit.

I bought an aftermarket alarm Viper700 or something like that and when they installed it, they wired it INTO the factory alarm...

Now, the car won't start. And, I can't lock the door from the outside since the driver side key lock is stuck and the pass. side only un-locks it. Hence getting keyless entry.

So my question is; if I remove the theft deterrent box and cut/ground the wire, is my new alarm not going to work also?

That's all going to depend on HOW they screwed up. I wired my aftermarket into my stocker with no problems at all.

Disced

Pie + NYQuil = FTW
Apr 5, 2005
Edmonds, Wa
Well, they tell me if I have it towed to them and they find out it's not their fault, I have to pay for towing and $75 an hour.....

I'd actually rather have no alarm than this shit.. Can't even drive my 500 Hp supra..

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
yeah, it all depends on what they wired into the stock alarm system. if they just wired a power and ground in there, find alternate sources for them and you're golden, but if they wired other crap in there, you might need to do some probing with a multi-meter.

-shaeff

SilverSupraT

7M '78 Toyota Pickup
Oct 3, 2005
Eastern WA
www.geocities.com
I've also had my starter relay take a dive on me, causing the same sort of problem. Sometimes it would work, sometimes it wouldn't. When it didn't work I just turned the key to ON then shorted across it with a screwdriver. It worked until I bought a new relay.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
If they connected the aftermarket's starter kill to the stocker's line for the starter kill both could be killing the starter. The stocker provides ground when disarmed, some aftermarkets supply ground when triggered. In this situation, if you set off the aftermarket it'll bypass the stocker's starter kill and the car will start up fine (despite both alarms going off).

Setheroo

^_^ got horespower?
Oct 16, 2006
Tennessee
www.revogate.com
I never had a problem with my security system... BUT, I did have a fusible link go out for the charging system once, and when that goes you can no longer turn the engine over... or even get your radio to turn on, or just about anything else for that matter.

Lets just put it simply - that was one hell of a long night when that went out - It was about 2 in the morning driving home on the interstate - saw the battery light and the e-brake light come on and my radio kept turning on and off and I was just like wtf noooooo.... so yeah, I tried to sleep in my car that night at a gas station that I just barely made it to... and I couldn't sleep, so once daylight came along I could actually figure out what the problem was - then I got the fuse, installed it, and went on my way...

So yeah - it can be smaller problems like that as well at times.

CRE

Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
The fusible link is in the engine compartment fuse box. It's in the spot closest to the engine. In my car it's just a big, fat, uninsulated wire...??

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
i had the same problem(if its the same) with my alarm. i unlocked the door and held the key fully turned for like 3 seconds. worked fine after that, locking/unlocking over and over did no thing. holding the key 3 seconds though...

i thought to bypass the alarm you had something to do with the Dome fuse?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
jake, it looks like a wire that's bent in a "U" shape in the engine bay fuse box. it's held in with two bolts from the bottom. you have to take the fuse box apart to get it out. :)

-shaeff

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
Setheroo - Which fusible link are you talk about?
FL 2.0L - Headlight relay. Main fusible link - Universal Fusible Link 14 gauge at AutoZone
FL ALT 100A - Taillight Relay, Alternator
40A FL AM1 - Starter, Starter Relay, Cold Start Injector, Start injector Time sw, Alternator, Circuit Opening Relay, TCCS ECU, Headlight cleaner motor
30A FL AM2 - Noise Filter, Ignition Coil, Igniter, Ignition Coil and Igniter, EFI Resistor, Injector

FL 2.0L connects directly to the +battery terminal. The others are in the fuse box next to the battery.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TEWD/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=Main&Page=33

Main_018.gif

Main_036.gif