So if you turn the key, and you get nothing... Alarm?

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
The red one is doing this... Put the key in, turn it, dash lights come on, bing bing bing bing, all that... Turn the key, and nothing... No click, no turning of the motor, like the starter is killed... Battery is good, has an optima yellow top... Diagnosis?

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Go through the procedures to disarm the alarm, try again.
If still no, jump the solenoid on the starter and see if you get anywhere with that.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
I did that, I locked it up, and watched the alarm light flash, and then unlocked the door and tried to start it... Yesterday it started, but not today... I was gunna move it forward a few feet, lol... Guess I better put it in neutral and push, lol...

My silver one would do this shit sometimes, and I'd have to go through this whole procedure of clocking, unlocking, run around the car 6 times, break dance, cart wheel, and han plant, then the car would start... I know on the silver one its the alarm because the power locks dont work, but the pwr lox work on the red one... Wierd...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
can we get video of this????????????????????

I sold N2FISN69 his car. I had never had any starting problems until money and keys changed hands. He got in his new car, and nothing. We push started it, and he got it home. After disarming the alarm, it has been fine since.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
They have NSS on a 5speed? I know the autos have them... And how can I remove/disarm the alarm? *I know, search, BLAH!*

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Yeah, it sucks when they don't want to disarm...
I remember when mine fucked up... what a day that was.
I had to count to 100, turn around 5 times counter clockwise while saying "baa baa black sheep", get my neighbor to do the truffle shuffle while I ran inside to grab a nintendo controller and type in the Mario "invincibility" code, then sacrifice a small woodland creature to Apollo, the sun god.
that was a crazy day i tell you...

xXxICExXx

Aug 6, 2006
Abbotsford, BC, Canada
Does the alarm have the engine immobilizer? Maybe for some reason its set to be imobolized even after the alarm is disengaged. Just be careful taking apart the alarm. I tried that the first day I bought my car and it activated and went haywire going off for 10 minutes straight before i just smashered it. Could have disconnected the power to it but hey wheres the fun in that. What alarm is it?

Last edited:

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Its alarm!!! Mine did the same stuff when I had it in pieces. If I unhooked my positive battery cable and then hooked it back up my car would start. Try that!!!! If still no then it must be your Hydrosolator..............................lol :biglaugh:

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Look at all these damn rituals we have to perform to get the Supra gods to let us start our cars, damn it man...

ICE: its the factory alarm...

Soup: cant we just remove these worthless alarms all together? I think that after 15 years, the alarms just get crazy... I wanna take them both out and get aftermarket ones...

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
jake- yes the 5sp has a NSS too. it's so you cant start the car w/ it in gear. its worth a look since no ritual or goat sacrifices needed for this one. however, it does sound like an alarm issue.

Idealsupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
jake do this and it will solve your problems:

go under the dash on the driver side.... find the "theft deterrent" box its black and closer the gas pedal up under there.... unplug it and throw it out... take the blue wire with orange stripe on the connector...and cut it off and ground it...make sure its a good ground...theres some 8mm bolts on the steering column that work well.

THEN....go to your clutch pedal and theres a switch on the back of it....pull that connector off the back of it and cut the connector off leaving you with two wires.... solder those two wires together.

now you have bypassed the alarm system for good and the nsss for good. both of which you dont need IMO.

car should start right up.

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Idealsupra said:
jake do this and it will solve your problems:

go under the dash on the driver side.... find the "theft deterrent" box its black and closer the gas pedal up under there.... unplug it and throw it out... take the blue wire with orange stripe on the connector...and cut it off and ground it...make sure its a good ground...theres some 8mm bolts on the steering column that work well.

THEN....go to your clutch pedal and theres a switch on the back of it....pull that connector off the back of it and cut the connector off leaving you with two wires.... solder those two wires together.

now you have bypassed the alarm system for good and the nsss for good. both of which you dont need IMO.

car should start right up.

Boyahh! That is called a detailed solution....

Brewster

So it goes.
Apr 15, 2005
Morgantown, WV
Reign_Maker said:
The red one is doing this... Put the key in, turn it, dash lights come on, bing bing bing bing, all that... Turn the key, and nothing... No click, no turning of the motor, like the starter is killed... Battery is good, has an optima yellow top... Diagnosis?

My car did the exact same thing because of a disconnected ground on the transmission.