So I just so happen to have a rapid prototyper(3d printer) and CNC.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
The same with carbon fiber and plastic vacuum forms and autoclaves.

Anyone have any cad files they want to send me of rare parts?

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I have the capability to do custom surface mount PCB. So electronics too.

Nothing can be "mass produced," because that's not the focus of my shop. I work at the REEF advanced engineering research facility for the Air Force Research Laboratory. Actually, you'll be able to see exactly what I do soon on Modern Marvels on the History Channel.

I don't know why it has taken me so long to realize I could can now fab up just about anything I wanted to for the Supra. Meh, probably because I haven't even driven my supra in like 4 years now.

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
I don't know the exact size of the prototyper but I'm gonna guess max size it can make is around 2ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft?

The autoclave stuff is fairly large. Not big enough to do a hood or something that big.

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
i need these done, about 2" in diameter, i made it in emachineshop and i can export them as an autocad file *.dxf would that work?
p697779_1.jpg

deranged

1988 Turbo Supra
Jul 15, 2007
TN
I bet if you got some high MCD surface-mount LEDs you could make a pretty sweet and simple LED tail light PCB.

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
would be really cool to make a fiberglass housing for 2 hella 90mm lenses to mount in the flip up lights @ sleepy-eye height if you know what i mean? like the black plastic housing now but 1/2 the height and molded for 2 round lenses, i think they're like 2" round each or something? that would be awesome!

i'm referring to this one:
http://www.hella.com/produktion/Hel...ance_Lighting/Modular_Headlamps/mm90/mm90.jsp

if someone made a kit like this i'd pay good money for it.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
how about using that cnc for the 7m lower to 2j upper intake FFIM manifold adapter. then price them at about 150 and ill buy one as soon as you have it made and tell me where to send payment. :naughty: :biglaugh:

outofstep

Mar 31, 2005
fwb
Okay, nothing really caught my eye. So I'm just gonna make myself AR15 lowers. haha, oh well.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
nosechunks has a valid idea...

keep in mind most things won't sell like hotcakes as the community isn't that large.

now if you where making civic parts...