So I just so happen to have a rapid prototyper(3d printer) and CNC.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
hmm front face intake manifold conversion for sub 300 bucks all said and done or CF engine cover.....:ugh2:

you said you want to make something that the supra community could benefit from, i think making a substitute for a product that usually cost $6-700 that would only cost $300 would be pretty sweet. or maybe im the only one who thinks 700 bucks is alot of money for an intake manifold. :dunno:

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
700 isn't much. price a virtual works intake for a mk4....

an engine cover would be GREAT. I hate to say this, but the 7m is ugly on top :(

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
700 isnt that much but still above most budgets, thats a walbro, injectors and afpr to most people. if there was a way to have a front face intake manifold that could be all said and done for approx $300 it would sell like crazy.

maybe its just me, function>form any day of the week

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
intake manifold is of no concern to me. I already have one and the capability to produce as many as I'd like for basically my time...

He said he won't be mass producing anyway. Its just a couple of whatever he'd be making.

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
I'm a little confused, he wants to help the community out by making many pieces, but won't mass produce them, and won't take personal orders?? Will it be like a group buy where 15 people can buy his product?

Anyway I'd vote adapter to 2JZ intake manifold anyday. Or maybe some carbon fiber interior pieces..

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
SevenMKIII said:
I'm a little confused, he wants to help the community out by making many pieces, but won't mass produce them, and won't take personal orders?? Will it be like a group buy where 15 people can buy his product?

lol Im confused as well. I also have a rapid prototyper too.

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
custom intake manifold price FTMFL........

if people are making 500 horsepower on a stock manifold im sure the 7m to 2j adapter would flow well enough. The whole point of the adapter is the benefits of easier/shorter IC piping and less cluttered engine bay while still bieng on a budget.

im sure you could easily find 15 people to buy that.

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
adapter = uneven flow since the spaceing is different between the jz lower and the 7m lower.

Sure, you can make 500 on a stock manifold... but is it the best way?

Maybe I'll make some though. I will own a CNC before the end of the year.

So if the spacer is 300ish, and a 2jz manifold is what? 100 used? thats only like 100 bucks short of a long runner front facing. Regaurdless, I think I'll start drawing up the file in autocad once I get measurements. ;)