So are we able to post on result on smog results??????

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
My HC(PPM) at 15 mph FAILED -Max 85 AVE-42 MEAS- 140
MY HC(PPM) at 25 MPH PASSED-MAX 57 AVE-30 MEAS-57.
I did my plug about 2 month ago but some oil got in through the gasket i fixed that.Didn't replace sparkplugs
On my first smog attempt i passed at 87 and at 57 but failed smog emissions because of the hose underneath the charcoal canister was not connected to the body.
The tech told me i can be sparkplugs ,catalytic, fuel injector, cables,oil change.Do the sell some additives that would help me lower my emissions????

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
those smog jockeys don't know shit never ask them what it might be, it all my years of working on old cars changing the plugs Or wires has never fixed the problem it was always the cat or egr system. i have passed smog with working cats and egr systems even with a BHG have a good look at your EGR and related VSV's also buy a good cat(Napa) not one of those highflow bullshits get a test pipe after smog is done

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
jetjock;1977135 said:
No problem here. I'm not the one with a busted car...[/QUOTEitFor your information it actually runs great.Dont act like you never had a car that never gave u problem in your entire life.I'm new to this forum an sorry if I have questions that i cant find on this forum due to different results on each car.If you are being a HARD ASS !!!!!!!!! GO f##### YOURESELF IM TRYING TO MAKE MY DREAM CAR BE TOP NOTCH.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
As someone intimately familiar with emissions problems, California emissions regulations, and what it takes to become a "smog jockey" there I suggest you seek more qualified advice than has been offered thus far. I won't even address the "dream car" thing. Too funny...

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
A sincere thank you to the OP and this thread for a much needed lifting spirits laugh. I actually think this may be the first time I have laughedout loud at every single comment in a thread!

ATL88Supra

The Asshole
Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
jetjock;1977165 said:
As someone intimately familiar with emissions problems, California emissions regulations, and what it takes to become a "smog jockey" there I suggest you seek more qualified advice than has been offered thus far. I won't even address the "dream car" thing. Too funny...

haha fuck you man. if you are so "intimately familiar with emissions problems" you should have told him what to do. don't be a arrogant prick.

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Malfunctioning EGR does not cause high HCs.

He is just barely over spec on HCs, and the cat is an awfully expensive first solution to his problem. In California one-pass cats are illegal, and CARB approved cats are expensive. The primary reason for this ruling was too many people replacing expensive and perfectly good OEM cats with POS "one-passers" resulting in passing the test once, and then fouling the air worse than if they had done nothing. He needs to verify correct operation of his evap system, make sure he is timed properly, ignition is good, O2 sensor is responsive, and no dripping injectors to name a few quick checks he can do. Also, would be a good plan to drive 30 minutes on the freeway before the test to ensure his evap is purged and not loading down his AFRs. The ECU doesn't compensate well, especially on transients, with a load of fuel coming off the canister.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Thank you 3p. Exactly correct. It appears "The Asshole" not only lives up to his handle but knows squat about emissions in general and California rules in particular. Readers would do well to ignore any future advice he has to offer.

ATL88Supra;1977512 said:
....you should have told him what to do...

People like him can't be helped. Not to mention he comes across as an illiterate immature child. Probably not even old enough to drive but hey, you're free to waste time on him even if what you're spouting is nonsense.

suprafreak123

Oct 23, 2013
Costa mesa
3p141592654;1977518 said:
Malfunctioning EGR does not cause high HCs.

He is just barely over spec on HCs, and the cat is an awfully expensive first solution to his problem. In California one-pass cats are illegal, and CARB approved cats are expensive. The primary reason for this ruling was too many people replacing expensive and perfectly good OEM cats with POS "one-passers" resulting in passing the test once, and then fouling the air worse than if they had done nothing. He needs to verify correct operation of his evap system, make sure he is timed properly, ignition is good, O2 sensor is responsive, and no dripping injectors to name a few quick checks he can do. Also, would be a good plan to drive 30 minutes on the freeway before the test to ensure his evap is purged and not loading down his AFRs. The ECU doesn't compensate well, especially on transients, with a load of fuel coming off the canister.
Hey thanks any feedback is good to me.Wouldnt dripping injectors cause a bad idle and rough acceleration???