So are we able to post on result on smog results??????

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't mean to steal the thread but I have a related question I live in Houston, TX so the emissions are different here than in Cali. I've been told I'll probably be fine with my emissions test but I am still curious. I have a 3in divorced down pipe, open wastegate, 550CC injectors and lexus AFM and my down pipe does not perfectly fit on my stock exhaust I could only get one bolt in at the cat, so there is an exhaust leak right before the cat and I am wondering if I will pass emissions or will it not flow enough to the prong to register as a valid sample. I am going to buy a 3in cat back and a high flow cat in the next week or two but my emissions tag expires next month. I will probably just go this week to get the test done since if I fail you have 30 days to fix the problem then get it re-tested for free.

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Depends on the size of the leak, the type of test being done, and the analyzer involved. Although a leak there will not effect feedback it may allow enough atmosphere in for the machine to complain about excessive O2.

Edit: I see Houston does the ASM so if the leak is large enough the machine will not be happy...

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
The gap between the down pipe and cat is like a quarter of an inch or so. I'll see if the shop is open tomorrow and go in the morning to get the test done. Thanks JJ.

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Well if I do then it's not a huge deal I'll be ordering a 3in high flow cat tonight and next week I'll be ordering the cat back. Usually there is a 5 day grace period when your tags expire I am hoping to get everything by then.