smack down on 2010 camaro SS vs.1jz

Status
Not open for further replies.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
PSI means please suck it, and sometimes I'll even say PPSI, pretty please suck it..........:naughty:

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
A new camaro ss runs 13.0@110mph in most tests. You would have to have a very strong BPU 1JZ to beat that. Good kill.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
I would also like to state that my intentions for the 1jz is to make the max power i can from a BPU engine. I started with a very low mile engine, so i have something strong to build off of.
It seems to me that upgrading to a single turbo takes away the soul of the 1jz. After I install my BC cams and have my power fc pro tuned for the cams, I will be at that line where there is not much more head way. I have thought about moding the stock turbos or doing a custom twin kit if I can find the BIC manifolds.

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
It's not suprise me that Staticpage 1jz beat 2010 camaro ss , but it'd suprise me if 2010 camaross beat Staticpage 1jz though . People over estimated 2010 camaro ss ; It's 425 chp but weight 3900 pounds ( big pig ) and not everyone can get 13. flat 1/4 mile out of it . I like the look on 2010 camaro ss but 1/4 mile time is disappointed.:3d_frown: btw good kill !:bigthumb:

jtran8

Supramania Contributor
Mar 29, 2007
wichita kansas
With all season tires 2010 carmro ss ran 13.3 to 13.2 on every forum and every website . 12sec 1/4 ? should be on slicks ! I saw 2009 mustang gt beat 2010 camaro ss all day long at dragstrip here in wichita kansas . wonder why Challenger srt8 got the same power and slow as hell ! btw 300 pounds will make big different on 1/4 time .

mx83gte

Sep 27, 2009
chicago illinois
my 89 5spd turbo targa, stock internals, lexus afm, bleeder off the turbo, hard piping out of exhaust pipe, lexus is300 cooling fans (nice, has coolant overflow built on it ), small ac fans mounted to stock intercooler, ported elbow, with 3" exhaust no muffler just cat, na cams with na split intake (has larger throttle body) , volvo adjustable blow off valve, stock toyota head gasket torqued to 85 ft lbs, stock ct26 pushing 16 psi, homemade fuel computer ( rheostat inline coolant temp sensor ), saw blades with 245 / 60 / 16 kumho estca supra tires, stock clutch with short throw mod, i ran 13.5 1st run at battle of the imports and best of 13.2 on a 80 degree day, i beat an evo with mild bpu's , alot has to do with the driver

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Poodles;1423884 said:
People have knocked down high 12's with a stock SS and they're not that much heavier than our cars...

Poodles, you are assuming that the majority of people on the road can drive a car well enough at the track to put down good times. Shit, 1/2 the fucks out there cant even go 25mph on a strait road w/o fucking up.

Kangae

Buzzin' Half Dozen
Sep 13, 2007
Utica, New York
Well poodles did already say that driver error probably played a part (for the SS). And as far as I'm concerned not being able to drive your car to its full potential is a form of driver error. I don't think its that far fetched for this to happen though.

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
We don't really know if he was full throttle or not as no one from here was in the car. Hell the guy couldn't given it a quick squirt then backed off cause he couldn't be stuffed racing, it happens.
But if he did race and lost then good win to the 1jz!

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Wow, you guys sure are quick to shoot someone down on here... The OP already stated that he did not list all of his mods for fear of his car become a target for theft. Take it at face value and let it drop already. This threads already a couple pages too long :nono:

Supra_Villan

needs his car done
Nov 10, 2007
Wellsville MO
god damn....this is stupid..let the guy have his fun and tell his story...do you guys really need to drag it through the mud this much?? I doubt he wanted to make a thread with that big of a thread just to lie...and if he was then he obviously wants it real bad so let him have it.....god damn. grow up.

karlmk3

Jul 18, 2009
thornton
:bsflag: im just kidding this thread is nuts man if he won he won the cammaro might have been toying who knows who cars he had fun let it be

Status
Not open for further replies.