SILV08 MkIII Drags - a little help needed

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I am trying to get reprints of the drag sheets from the track (original copies were soaked due to a bit of rain).

SILV08-drags-294.jpg

I think I saw Noah headed for the arc.

I'm pretty sure that no 7M-GTE ran faster than Shawn C @ just a hair over 10seconds. Since his is an Automatic he would take the cash that Don N contributed.

I still need to find the quickest 5-Speed 7M-GTE MkIII for the rest of the cash payout.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

noah89t

get naked & boost a supra
KeithH;1155044 said:
I think I saw Noah headed for the arc.

I still need to find the quickest 5-Speed 7M-GTE MkIII for the rest of the cash payout.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

i don't have an arc anymore, i sold it on ebay. if you need someone to pay money to with a 5-speed 7m-gte mkiii, well i have one of those and sure its' fast:biglaugh:

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
If it were up to me...

I just checked with Don and he gave you a "negatory". Sorry bud. :)

I know Rey Cruz ran a 5 speed but his ET was pretty slow due to some problems or something.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
I've got a bunch of video from the drags, but I missed the first hour or so, and of course I have no idea who is running a 7M and what transmission.

Duane might know some of those details, and he's due to help me write up comments for the vids so I can get them properly uploaded to Youtube.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
OK... I have the official "eliminations" results but no transmissions are listed. I'll do my best to find matches in my RSVP list but will still need some help. More info as it becomes available.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
KeithH;1156650 said:
OK... I have the official "eliminations" results but no transmissions are listed. I'll do my best to find matches in my RSVP list but will still need some help. More info as it becomes available.

Let me know what you need Keith and I'll see what I can do for you.

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
Next year I hope this MKIII with a 7M, 1J or 2J stuff is thrown out the window. Botom line it is a MKIII. Any of these motors can be built to hold the power as many people here have demonstrated. :3d_frown:

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
jawsgear;1156735 said:
Next year I hope this MKIII with a 7M, 1J or 2J stuff is thrown out the window. Botom line it is a MKIII. Any of these motors can be built to hold the power as many people here have demonstrated. :3d_frown:

7m guys are too scared to run with the big boys.

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
jawsgear;1156735 said:

I am with you Jeff on the MKIII smack down thing. (I assume that's what you're talking about since the thread is title "Drags")

As far as the dyno is concerned though, I think having the engine categorized is the best way. The engine is what puts out the power, not the car ;)

tissimo;1156786 said:
7m guys are too scared to run with the big boys.

:3d_frown: Don't start shitting in this thread already.

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I'm fine with anything actually for the overall smackdown. This year was a big experiment that I put together after I built the HRS. If you guys want to play with MkIIIs like Vijay etc I'm fine with that. It is just that I got some pretty nervous phone calls when it looked like he was going to be in the Smackdown this year.

For 09 we will need a coordinator to define the overall program. I don't really care what it is as long as it is fair - all details will have to be approved (we can't have a Blue MkIII Only Smackdown). The coordinator cannot be a participant.

jawsgear

Undergoing Construction
Jan 29, 2006
Sactown
www.jawsgear.com
KeithH;1156830 said:
I'm fine with anything actually for the overall smackdown. This year was a big experiment that I put together after I built the HRS. If you guys want to play with MkIIIs like Vijay etc I'm fine with that. It is just that I got some pretty nervous phone calls when it looked like he was going to be in the Smackdown this year.

For 09 we will need a coordinator to define the overall program. I don't really care what it is as long as it is fair - all details will have to be approved (we can't have a Blue MkIII Only Smackdown). The coordinator cannot be a participant.

Okay who got scared and nervous of Vijay???? Keep in mind its not just about the drags, its overall points(as far as the Smackdown is concerned).

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
jawsgear;1156735 said:

I agree to a point. But the reason I bucked up and specified either quickest MKIII 7MGTE auto or 5 spd is because of all the people swapping them out and dumping the 7M. Just trying to rekindle the flame. After all, to me the North American Spec MKIII comes with a 7MGTE power plant not a 2J or a 5/6thsJ. Also as UGS stated it is the engine that makes the power not the body of the car.

If we could get more people to anti up for all the other engine classes I'm all for it. I'd kick in for the 2J class and possibly for the 5/6thsJ.. lmk anytime Keith!

:)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
VanSupra;1158510 said:
I agree to a point. But the reason I bucked up and specified either quickest MKIII 7MGTE auto or 5 spd is because of all the people swapping them out and dumping the 7M. Just trying to rekindle the flame. After all, to me the North American Spec MKIII comes with a 7MGTE power plant not a 2J or a 5/6thsJ. Also as UGS stated it is the engine that makes the power not the body of the car.

If we could get more people to anti up for all the other engine classes I'm all for it. I'd kick in for the 2J class and possibly for the 5/6thsJ.. lmk anytime Keith!

That is clearly what I am looking at, the powerplant. :icon_bigg

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
upgradedsupra;1158806 said:
That is clearly what I am looking at, the penis implant. :icon_bigg

What was that UGS the power plant?? hahahahaha

Keithh, if there is a discrepancy issue with the 5spd winner I will expect the monies for that class to be returned and I will apply it for next years SILV09.

Regards Don.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
KeithH;1159527 said:
I'll know soon - I hope.

If you were drag racing at SILV08 please visit http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08/drags.asp

I am missing quite a few names - only have car numbers. If I have your number but not your name please send an email with your car number, name, powerplant, and transmission to SILV08@supras.org

Well I have two conclusions to this unclaimed purse.

1) All of the 7M racers were not made aware of this purse at the track.

2) The 7M 5spd drivers that did race are ashamed to post their times?..naaahhh!..lol..

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
OK... I've been sorting through things here and may have something...

The top 7M-GTE powered MkIII ET was 10.074. That pass was made by none other than Shawn C.

I took participants in the following classes:
MkI - MkIII Modified, MkIII Smackdown, and Street Turbo to see who had what.

First I took out all of the non-MkIIIs. Then I took out the 1 and 2Js. I left in all those that I didn't have names to match with the car numbers.

As luck would have it... when I sorted the ET column (quickest to slowest)... I actually got a match on the very first record.

Drumroll...

Driving a 1989 7M-GTE 5Speed...

To a best ET of...

116.75 mph... sorry... had to build tension here...

at 12.653 seconds in the 1320...

From Chandler Arizona...

TYLER CONLIN...

The next quickest Supra in those three classes was Aaron Kahn at 13.567 in his 1988. The next quickest times were by Supras with no names.

So our winners look to be:

Quickest 7M-GTE 5 Speed - Tyler Conlin
Quickest 7M-GTE Automatic - Shawn Cassady

All of the runs are posted up on the official website at http://Vegas.Supras.Org/v08/drags.asp

VanSupra (Don) - can you do a quick confirm on the numbers and I'll get payments on their way out.

Thanks again to Don (aka VanSupra) for adding to the excitement this year by upping the ante. Don kicked in money for the winner of the HRS, the winner of the MkIII Smackdown, AND created a pot for the two winners listed above.

Don - I've got shirts here. Just need to find them in the aftermath and get them in the mail to you.

VanSupra

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Van,B.C.
Hey Keith, I looked over the numbers and it seems Tyler Conlin is the winner. The only other two guys that were faster are Vijay and Nelson which I'm thinking they both are running 2j's?

Congradulations to both Shawn Cassidy and Tyler Conlin respectively.

Thanks for all your hard work Keith, hopefully others can help share the load for next year. Looking forward to those shirts..lol..any hats?

arz

Arizona Performance
Nov 14, 2005
Mesa, AZ
www.ArizonaPerformance.com
Congrats to Tyler, he should be rewarded for all the effort at least I know he was working on it right up until the last minute, (I know, I had to wait for him). I have heard that he has pulled off a 11.2 in a lesser equipped car. His clutch was new and he didnt get any time to drive on it or break it in.

GrimJack;1155170 said:
I've got a bunch of video from the drags, but I missed the first hour or so, and of course I have no idea who is running a 7M and what transmission.

Duane might know some of those details, and he's due to help me write up comments for the vids so I can get them properly uploaded to Youtube.
Grim if you send me a DVD of all the videos I will host them on my site at full resolution or much higher if you want. My host has wicked fast download speeds.

And thanks again for the hook up on the detailer.