Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

RacerXJ220

Interdimensional
Mar 30, 2005
Abalama
Mowgli87;1363077 said:
Dude, I dig that color too! When you said fugly I was thinking something like lime green. Looks good IMO.

Pseudo progress report:

I was finally able to start the tear-down on the replacement motor yesterday... So much for that 30 day warranty :sadwavey:
Anyway, I have a question for you guys. I noticed that the timing belt had begun to walk off the sprockets slightly. There are signs of contact with the #3 timing cover. What kind of root problems should I look for once I get into the heart of the motor?

check the timing belt tensioner and tension on the cam/crank bolts first. If they are both good, inspect for crank walk. Also make sure the timing belt guide is on there (JZ), u never know...

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
aaron ended up selling that lime green supra. i checked it out in person that thing was messed up. i got pics. if anyone wants to see them.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
talked to him about two months ago. hes now in to old vw bugs. i dont think he'll ever buy a supra again. as many problems as he had with them.

bhmsupra

Supramania Contributor
May 29, 2008
It's Not Important Bro
Question for the fellow Alabama guys

Does anyone know of a reputable body shop in Central Alabama that has experience with body kit installs. Thinking of doing sideskirts and rear add-ons and want to pick the right shop for the install and paint.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
bhmsupra;1373906 said:
Question for the fellow Alabama guys

Does anyone know of a reputable body shop in Central Alabama that has experience with body kit installs. Thinking of doing sideskirts and rear add-ons and want to pick the right shop for the install and paint.

I don't know of a shop, but I have decided to sell my Bomex! I've been too damn busy working on my car to get them cleaned up and pictured though. I did see a set of shine replicas sell last week for what I quoted you.

I need to get them sold pretty quick, because we slung a rod in our Trailblazer last weekend coming home from Tuscaloosa. We are having the motor out of the totaled Trailblazer swapped into it.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;1395497 said:
Your car looks awesome Bubba. I love the silver.

Ditto!

Bubba, please drive that thing responsibly. You are going to face an ungodly amount of peer pressure in it. Learn how to drive it before caving to the pressure. That's a lot of car for a first time driver.

jessemkiiis

Sep 28, 2009
Childersburg AL,
NAme:Jesse Giles
Year of your car:1988
(256) 861-6605
City you live in:Hoover Al
Hobbies
:Supra, Prelude,My Job Car Audio Tech.
Upgrades to your car
: 89+ conversion, Rebuilt 7mgte,Arp studs,Twin electric fans, Ct26 made over by Reed at Supernatural Turbos, Turbo xs manual boost controller, Walbro 255, Blitzs bov(not installed), 3" CXracing downpipe and test cat, Waiting on a CXracing2.5" FMIC kit

p1422384_1.jpg

Over all Im just looking to make this thing a good looking streetable car
I plan on swapping to a 1jzgte, and shoot for about 350rwhp.

Finished product will look something like this

p1422384_2.jpg

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
The finished product looks awesome. Good luck with that. Give me a call if you need anything. I have a few supra parts laying around. Sometimes it's actually what you need.

jcpham

Oct 28, 2008
Fultondale, AL
So are any of you guys going to the Speed for Sale sponsored meet this weekend?I believe it is saturday at Talladega, and Sunday at Steele like last year....

jcpham

Oct 28, 2008
Fultondale, AL
jcpham;1433106 said:
So are any of you guys going to the Speed for Sale sponsored meet this weekend?I believe it is saturday at Talladega, and Sunday at Steele like last year....

So I'll just reply to myself because I just rechecked and apparently the Sunday Drag and Dyno day was cancelled. So it's just Talladega on Saturday then:

"*Please note that this year we will only have the Talladega GPR road course event, and we WILL NOT be having a drag strip or dyno event due to conflicting schedules. Due to this gathering being short notice, it will be loosely organized and there will be no prizes for the road course or car show. We are working with TGPR to fill their open track day, and working in cooperation with them to potentially hold road course events multiple times next year. We will continue our normal 'Supra Shootout' event schedule next year, with plenty of prizes and raffles!*

Saturday, October 24 will be the date for our open track day event at Talladega GPR. We will have instructors on hand to help beginner drivers on a first come, first served basis (we still need a few more instructors, so email me if you are interested in free track time.) The driver's fee will be $150. Also, we will have a car show in the parking area. General admission for the car show and to spectate the road course event is $5 per person. The concession stand food and drinks (water, Gatorade, many colas, etc) are good, and the prices are very low compared to most other venues."

-That's from SF, I just found out about Steele being cancelled.

Superdeebo

May 10, 2009
chunchula al
Name:David Henderson
Year of car:86,87,89,& two 91's
Contact info:251-554-5494
City you live in:Chunchula
Hobbies:racing,jetskiing & 4wheeling
Upgrades to your car: All are stock exept the 89 1jz GT35

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
im still here. new job new place to work on cars a big warehouse. sold my 85 to some kid in huntsville. i guess he got hit my a drunk mexican in his 84. him and his g/f died. sorry if i seem rude. his dad is complety restoring it. i tried buying it back. i really wish he could have built it tho. it couldnt have found a better home. what a drag. i still got my black 88 n/a. its for sale or trade looking for a 85 supra or celica. i dont even drive it any more. almost found another 85 dude wanted to much for it. had a 5m set up for low compression, also had a bent valve, and none of the turbo parts. i think he said it has 82 pistons in a 85 block. i'm wanting a 85 with a 7m ge. anyway i've been drinking have fun.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Superdeebo;1461311 said:
Name:David Henderson
Year of car:86,87,89,& two 91's
Contact info:251-554-5494
City you live in:Chunchula
Hobbies:racing,jetskiing & 4wheeling
Upgrades to your car: All are stock exept the 89 1jz GT35

David, don't make me be the one to post pictures of the 89!

I believe it would challenge as the fastest MKIII in the state. It may or may not be, but if not, it is close.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
ForcedTorque;1461796 said:
I believe it would challenge as the fastest MKIII in the state. It may or may not be, but if not, it is close.

Oh really? I believe now we need a little more info....maybe info pertaining to mods, dyno numbers, and track times.:icon_bigg