Sign in for Alabama Supra's rollcall

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
David recently bought the 89. He went to NewYork/NJ to get it. He took me for a short ride, and it definitely feels like it would give Jay a good run. It has been a while since I have been in Jay's car though. Riding in Davids car is motivating me to want to work on my car now that the bad weather is clearing out.

Here is a link to the for sale ad on here that he bought. It has full details on the car.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104760

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Not yet. I talked with Jesse (in2fishn69's wife) at the school tonight. I know Jim has always wanted to make that one. I haven't seen any of the other locals at all lately. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it. I've been trying to get there since 2005, or earlier.

Vonda, you need to quit it with the Blue Eye avatars! I get stuck staring into them.

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
ForcedTorque;1463661 said:
Not yet. I talked with Jesse (in2fishn69's wife) at the school tonight. I know Jim has always wanted to make that one. I haven't seen any of the other locals at all lately. I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed that I can make it. I've been trying to get there since 2005, or earlier.

Vonda, you need to quit it with the Blue Eye avatars! I get stuck staring into them.

It would be nice to have a more people there from Alabama.

I changed my avatar, just for you. :icon_bigg

jboyle83

Sep 14, 2009
Madison,AL
Name:Justin Boyle
Year of car:1991 Turbo Targa White Package
Contact info:jboyle83@knology.net
City you live in:Madison, AL
Hobbies:My AWD DSM, Getting the Supra ready for the 1JZ Swap
Upgrades to your car:none yet, waiting on taxes for 1JZ swap

!cid__PIC-0093.jpg

Anyone in north AL wanna help with the swap? lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Scott, that car you posted is almost the exact same setup as mine before I went with the 2jz block. Now I have the pt67 turbo instead of the gt35r but everything else is still the same. I have the same injectors, same cams, same springs and retainers, same manifold, same wheels...........I had to go outside to make sure my car was still there.

Justin, depending on when you're doing it, I can help you, but I don't know how far away Madison is. I live in Walker County, Sumiton to be exact.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;1480067 said:
Scott, that car you posted is almost the exact same setup as mine before I went with the 2jz block.

So, I am a good passenger seat butt-dyno I guess. I haven't rode in your new set up yet, but I knew his and yours were very comparable. His felt a tad quicker, while yours seemed more powerful. does that even make sense???? Maybe it was all in the clutch?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Yeah your statement makes sense. It's like the 7m versus 1jz. I think the 7m is going to feel more powerful, but it's probably going to be looking at the ass end of a 1jz powered supra. They're totally different animals. When Noah drove my car, he swore his car felt stronger than mine, but I was making more than a hundred more horses than his car.......the 7m feels really strong compared to the 1jz.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
OH YEAH, I wasn't trying to start another 7m versus 1jz........that was just my opinion since I've owned three turbo'd 7m's and one 1jz powered supras. It's just my opinion. Thank you and have a nice day.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
suprahero;1480496 said:
When Noah drove my car, he swore his car felt stronger than mine, but I was making more than a hundred more horses than his car.......the 7m feels really strong compared to the 1jz.

I SO miss Noah! I hope he is doing OK. I guess I could call him. Has anybody heard from him lately?

MKIII VIXEN

Supramania Contributor
Feb 11, 2006
resting
suprahero;1480496 said:
Yeah your statement makes sense. It's like the 7m versus 1jz. I think the 7m is going to feel more powerful, but it's probably going to be looking at the ass end of a 1jz powered supra. They're totally different animals. When Noah drove my car, he swore his car felt stronger than mine, but I was making more than a hundred more horses than his car.......the 7m feels really strong compared to the 1jz.

suprahero;1480647 said:
OH YEAH, I wasn't trying to start another 7m versus 1jz........that was just my opinion since I've owned three turbo'd 7m's and one 1jz powered supras. It's just my opinion. Thank you and have a nice day.

Whaaaat.....ever!:rolleyes:

:stickpoke

:biglaugh:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I've talked with him once or twice Scott, but mostly just text messages. He is doing fine, but I do miss him on here. You should give him a call and then report back to us.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
You know that's right. I went by and checked on it today. They've done some sanding on it to remove the ugly. I should have it back in two weeks and then I'll start replacing my fuel system. I'm not sure six hundred horses is going to be enoough for all of you turbo'd stangs around town.

03bamaGT

Sep 20, 2008
Bham
LOL...just some street domestics Jay, nothing to worry about.

I am pretty sure the boost in B'ham area doubled over the winter build season.

dogdrake

Oct 25, 2008
Gadsden Alabama
Hey what up guys and gal. havn't been around lately i've been working on a 00 celica gts for my son . Im rebuilding the 2zz-ge engine right now. I baught a set of crower rods and weisco 8.5:1 turbo pistons and darton sleeves . Im going with a power-fc and commander for engine management and some srt-4 550cc injectors. a garret t3t4 50ar turbo.and greddy evo exhaust. here is a pic of the car.
p1521074_1.jpg
p1521074_2.jpg