Side exit exhaust...

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Yes my car is turbo and it sounds fucking amazing. NA would sound totally different so you would just have to find a place for a muffler in there

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Skeezix;1808591 said:
Yes my car is turbo and it sounds fucking amazing. NA would sound totally different so you would just have to find a place for a muffler in there

Could you post a video of a exhaust clip :) Please

destrux

May 19, 2010
PA
I had a side exit on my eclipse. It sounded pretty sweet. The main reason I did it was to save weight, it cut 20 pounds of SS pipe out of the picture.

The downside is that you will never have a nice shiny exhaust tip. Road dirt and gravel will beat a polished SS tip into a half polished mess in just a few weeks. It also scraped on speedbumps and high spots... really badly. Once it was so bad it crushed the pipe halfway shut and I had to replace it.

This was the system on my eclipse when I just replaced it with a fresh new one. The first one I made was mild steel and only lasted 3 years. This one is 304 SS. It's 2.5" pipe.
image099smw.jpg

I'd love to do this on the supra but it would be tough though to fit it under the side. I might try sometime though.

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
I could take a video of it but it doesn't sound quite right yet. I am waiting for a downpipe so we just welded that 3" over the existing 2.5" until we got the downpipe. so there is an exhaust leak. I could still take one if you like, might max out the microphone on my camera lol. My old exhaust video is on youtube but its not as rank, still straight pipe.

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Skeezix;1809039 said:
I could take a video of it but it doesn't sound quite right yet. I am waiting for a downpipe so we just welded that 3" over the existing 2.5" until we got the downpipe. so there is an exhaust leak. I could still take one if you like, might max out the microphone on my camera lol. My old exhaust video is on youtube but its not as rank, still straight pipe.

if ya could would be greeat i have a straight pipe on my car right now it sounds nice but i wanted to go side exit