Sheedy Built Supra

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
mikes_88_supra;2073024 said:
Will you be selling the hx35 setup? I've been wanting to put one on my 1j.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've decided to sell the hx35 once I have everything for the new turbo. I may or may not keep the oil flanges but I don't think they will fit.

Either way, the hx35 will need a rebuild. Theres thrust and side to side play, the wheels do not hit the housing and it still boosts fine

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Got a little bit done yesterday while it was nice out.
I recently replaced my power steering pump but it started leaking, but only when the car was not running. I even put the car on Jack's with it running to see where the leak was coming from... Nothing.

Then while I was cleaning the air filter I had more room to see the pump. I noticed a small trail of fluid coming from the feed bracket to the pump. Took it off and the oring was cracked. Must have installed it a little too forceful.

Put it all back together with a new oring and works great now... Finally. I also painted the bracket, pump, pulley, and pulley nut.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Today I finished putting the power steering pump in, no leaks! Super happy about that.
My hard to find 2jzge distributor connector came in too. I had a really hard time finding one but finally got one from wiring specialties. - 10 and - 6 fittings came in for my power steering resivor too. I had to shorten the resivor, just waiting on my friend to do his magic and weld it up.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
A nice box from the ups guy came in today and I can't believe how nice this turbo is.
Its a reman holset turbo, but I was expecting some "used" pieces on it still. Almost everything looks brand new. It sure weighs a lot so I'll fab up a header support so the head doesn't take all the weight of this thing.

I haven't decided on color yet for the compressor housing. I was thinking a candy red at first, then polished, but I kind of like the looks of the factory compressor cover. What do you guys think?

I'll let the pictures do the talking

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Looks great, personally I'm not big on coated compressor housings unless it's black. Looks cheesy to me, cast or texture black would be my top choices.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Drilled and tapped a hole for a vacuum hose fitting. Also test fitted my old drag tires just for the fun of it. They don't hit anything being lowered, but I'm sure once it squats down on a launch they would rub a bit

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I second the black compressor housing! That really is a tight fit, how much clearance is there between the housing and the shock tower?

What size are those drag tires? You might have to go for that raked look with those tires ha.

Is that a Supra stick I see? All that money on parts but no new hood struts? Jk lol.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Supra28;2073536 said:
I second the black compressor housing! That really is a tight fit, how much clearance is there between the housing and the shock tower?

What size are those drag tires? You might have to go for that raked look with those tires ha.

Is that a Supra stick I see? All that money on parts but no new hood struts? Jk lol.

not quite sure i havent had a second had to measure since the exhaust housing is with a friend of mine at his machine shop getting the exhaust v-band flange milled down.
im sure its only a few inches at most! may have to go back to solid engine mounts again to reduce engine torque/flex.

they are 28x10-16 hoosier drag slick. they are bias ply so i really dont want to run them with my radial front tires, especially being 18".
i actually raised up the rear 3/8" and the front another 1/4". im tired of rubbing over hard bumps, hope this helps!

i put the OEM replacement fender i had on since the passenger fender didnt take well to the roll/pull. it was a thin aftermarket one.
i plan on pulling the rear fenders even more so i can fit a wider tire under there and get rid of the camber. i didnt realise i was running 2.8* camber in the back!!??
front isnt as bad, but ill also pull them out some more for better clearances.
yep hood struts took a crap in the winter time! ive been meaning to replace them but i put themoney elsewhere for now

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
GC89;2073716 said:
When do you plan on shooting the fender to match?
Now that I'm getting some steady work, maybe in a couple weeks. I've actually purchased all of the paint supplies already to paint it. I had it matched to the other fender. Iirc it's ppg with thinner, primer, base, and clear with hardener. I don't know much about painting so I'll have someone spray it.

I've got to roll and pull it then I'll take it back off.

I did get my turbo housing back from my friend, he did a damn good job taking off the flange and re-drilling the inlet flange to t4 instead of t4i.

I'll post some pictures in the next day or so. Then to mock everything up!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Couldn't wait to see how it looked bolted to the car, so here's some pics!

First attempt hit the a/c lines.

Second attempt hit the strut mount.

Third attempt cleared both, but does sit up quite a bit. I kinda like it! I'll be running solid delrin engine mounts, so I don't think I'll have any issues with it hitting the strut mount.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Supra28;2073772 said:
Damn it looks good! What did you do differently on the third attempt to clear the shock tower? Probably a silly question but I am curious.
I had a total of 3, 1/2" spacers that I sanded down with a slight angle to each of them. Each time it didn't clear Id add another spacer and it fit the best with 3 total. I had an extra one just in case but I think that would have sat it up too high.

There's a picture of how I had the spacers setup, but I didn't get a picture of the angle on them. The last spacer has drilled and tapped holes so I can run studs.

i didnt even realise my phone camera lense got all scratched and was taking foggy pictures...sorry guys, ill try and use my gopro from now on.

i got almost everything mocked up, downpipe is done, intake fits, manifold modified, and it sits pretty good.
i went with aluminized steel for the downpipe. ill end up getting it cera coated then wrap it as well as the exhaust manifold.
the downpipe goes to the end of the transmission, i could extend it out further, but i ran out of my 4" exhaust section so that will have to do. i have a 3"-4" reducer ill put in line to the rest of the exhaust.
i also went with solid delrin engine mounts. they arent as harsh as solid aluminum but still stiffen the engine up a bunch.

its a possibility ill have this thing fired up by monday im hoping

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
havent really done much, ive been out of town since last week.

the only thing i had done was the 2.5" extension welded onto the compressor housing. other than that, im still waiting on the cometic exhaust gasket to arrive in the mail.
until then, heres some more pics

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
havent updated for a couple weeks, still waiting on that exhaust manifold gasket. it was backordered but now have tracking information and will be here by wednesday.

went to change out my engine mount and one was ripped in half with no fluid left, and the other was ripped but not yet leaking. good thing i swapped them out when i did!
those oem mounts sure didnt last long thats for sure.

head has been cleaned/resurfaced for the new gasket. hoping i wont blow this one out! i had helicoiled a couple exhaust studs in the past, but i decided id finish doing them while everything was apart.

Raggan

Mar 16, 2015
Maple Ridge, BC
What oil feed line do you use for your holeset and are you using a reducer. I was reading that the holesets need 10 psi at idle and the 7m is like 4-8, guys were having problems with them. Not trying to be negative, I am just curious because I was thinking about getting a holeset for my build.

oh and by the way the builds awesome man keep up the good work