Sheedy Built Supra

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
There's a website originally called winagtr.com which was put on by 80eighty. What you do is go to 80eighty.com, buy a t-shirt (every 5$ spent gets you an entry) then when the giveaway ends, someone wins the car.

The r32 was the first giveaway, they just gave away a wide body TRD supra built by 2jzmotosports, now they are giving away a 92 Acura NSX

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
small update. the soup drives MUCH better since the alignment. i had a slight steering wheel shake, but thats gone now.

since my tires are near wear bars in the back, i decided to do a small burnout to help speed the process of buying some new tires.
i think ill go with a pair of Nitto NT05 in the rear and see how i like them

http://vid600.photobucket.com/albums/tt81/sheedy126/Supra/Scot Slow Mo Burnout_zpsdvbnlkck.mp4

a friend of mine recorded this on his gopro. im suprised the video quality isnt all there, it was much better viewing it before it was uploaded to photobucket

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Thanks man. Yeah im not too sure why the sound cut out, it disappeared when I slowed the video down in the gopro video editor.

There is an original video clip on my photo bucket with all of the sound in tact

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
I went through all of your pics but can't seem to find a clear shot of the roof. Is your car a true hardtop? No sunroof/moonroof?

I ask because people would say their car is a hardtop but would actually have a sunroof. Hardtops seem rare as is, let alone on the 90+'s.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Supra28;2069105 said:
I went through all of your pics but can't seem to find a clear shot of the roof. Is your car a true hardtop? No sunroof/moonroof?

I ask because people would say their car is a hardtop but would actually have a sunroof. Hardtops seem rare as is, let alone on the 90+'s.
Yes sir, it's a true hardtop with no sort of sport roof. Although I'd love to install a sunroof, I don't really want to mess with the factory aspects of the car to that degree.

I snapped a picture of the roof for you.

I also got quite a bit done on my new wiring harness to the Emu. I eliminated a ton of wires that weren't needed too

Supra28;2069105 said:

Yes sir, it's a true hardtop with no sort of sport roof. Although I'd love to install a sunroof, I don't really want to mess with the factory aspects of the car to that degree.

I snapped a picture of the roof for you.

I also got quite a bit done on my new wiring harness to the Emu. I eliminated a ton of wires that weren't needed too

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
I laid the new harness out over the engine and start marking /cutting each wire to length on each sensor. I added a couple inches to each, already somewhat long, wire just in case I decide to move the harness to a slightly different location.

I'll be using a 3 pin deutsch connector for the CAS. I couldnt find any factory 2jzge distributor connectors sold in a single pack, only 10+ minimum order unfortunately from some website I've never heard of.

My water neck came back from Powdercoat too. I think the color turned out great! It's a silver/aluminum metallic color and really sparkles in the light. I can't decide if I want to Powdercoat my lower intake manifold the same color, or Polish it to match my upper runners.... Decisions decisions..

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
ID1000cc install - CHECK
Updating firmware on EMU - CHECK
calibrating new sensors/injectors in the emu software - CHECK

man im glad i picked up those injectors when i did, i couldnt imagine paying 720$ for them.
i got the harness done and pins connected but i didnt wrap the harness or put connectors on yet.
the plan is to plug the clips into place, only the bare minimum to make it run, then fire it up and make sure its working properly.

once i know the harness doesnt need to be rearranged, i will wrap the harness and put the connectors on to its final state. man i sure hope everything goes well and i did this properly!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
kakanator;2069244 said:
holy shit son that looks legit as hell. I have been looking into ecu masters for a 1j swap. and thinking about doing the harness like that myself.
I haven't actually fired the car up yet, I've been pretty busy and doing some more wiring too.

Its not super difficult, just very time consuming

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Car fired up for the first time today on the new engine harness.
It's still Un wrapped and exposed so the next step is to button it all up and put the nylon wrap over it.

GC89

1J-THIS
Jun 13, 2007
Spokane, WA
Nice work, after completely rewiring a few factory harnesses I have always thought building one from scratch would be much more enjoyable. Jealous of how much progress you make, I have too many other projects.....

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
GC89;2070025 said:
Nice work, after completely rewiring a few factory harnesses I have always thought building one from scratch would be much more enjoyable. Jealous of how much progress you make, I have too many other projects.....

with the amount of time spent on it, i will probably have one made next time. its a good feeling have tackled a big job like this, but i think once is enough for me haha.
the rest of my nylon sleeving should be here on Monday, i thought i ordered the high head/flame resistant wrap but instead got the standard wrap. oh well, its not too expensive anyway.

also polished up my fuel rail a little bit, much better than the crusty old piece.

next on the list after getting the harness wrapped up is to get the new catch can setup.
im looking into this catch can, its baffled with dual 12AN ports. 1/2NPT to 3/4 barb fitting will be threaded into the valve covers, i dont want to weld them on since they were just recently powder coated...

since im going to be running more boost, i figure i should upgrade my PCV system too

didnt note it before, but one of my favorite recent parts is the old school toyota logo oil fill cap. i took it off an old 20R toyota pickup engine i had laying in a parts box, i think it fits in perfect

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Some parts came in today so I put them to good use.
The tubing went on very well and I also labeled the injectors, tps, pps, and Cas sensors. Aren't really needed, but it adds a nice touch

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Just finished it up. Man, this has really paid off. It definitely turned out much better than thought it would have and cost 1/4 the price.

Next is to put the walbro 400 in and go back to psi for a tune. 500hp or bust. I think it'll handle that

Before :

After :