Sheedy Built Supra

19cturbo

Dec 14, 2012
Kingsport tn
thats why i marked the shaft, and put the compressor wheel back exactly as it was and torqued it to holset specs.. as far as the rebuild went it was cake.. have you had a quote on having one rebuilt?

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
there is a shop locally that would send it off somewhere to be rebuilt for 399.99 which is really expensive imo

my friend who works at a machine shop said he could rebuild it for around 150$ including the rebuild kit, but not 100% on how good his work is
going to pm albert and see if he could rebuild it or if you guys recommend any turbo shops in the tri-cities,wa area, or anywhere close to that

claytonwes_2

Oct 18, 2010
sequim washington
hey man, i am running an hx35 on my 1j. i see full spool by 3500 with a .63 housing. mine was blown up when i got it and i rebuilt it with a kit and all you really need is a pair of small snap ring pliers. i just matched up the hatch marks on the shaft and wheel. never balanced it and ive been running it for over a year now at 22 psi. not saying that i recommend it but you could rebuild it and have it balanced. i think there is place in kent wa called alamo turbocharger services. they should be able to balance it.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
that thing looks like it pulls hard! how much power are you putting down to the wheels?
ill give alamo a call and see how much they would charge to balance, watched some youtube videos and doesnt look like its too hard to replace the bearings and seals

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
19cturbo;1928093 said:
thats why i marked the shaft, and put the compressor wheel back exactly as it was and torqued it to holset specs.. as far as the rebuild went it was cake.. have you had a quote on having one rebuilt?

Albert quoted me $200 to rebuild my HX35 which I think is a fair price.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
rebuild kit ordered, should be here friday and rebuilt by sunday or monday!

got a good deal on some yokohama tires with 90% tread, and some 17x8 wheels
245/45-17 all season tires

what do you guys think?
p1928339_1.jpg

took some video with my friends contour before the turbo started smoking a bunch. got a little too much wind in there :(

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
I use an etching marker that junk yards engine builders and turbo builders use, you make a dot on the shaft and wheel half on each respectively and just line them back up so the dot or circle is perfect and torque it. Between a buddy and myself we have done several all 3 or 4 years ago on dsm's and a couple of Holsets, all perfect.

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
made an adapter to rotate the wastegate 90* so it doesnt dump out toward the oil pan and i can fit a dump tube in there

slightly angled

also made a custom dipstick tube with some high temp braided hose to clear the new header

turbo is back from being rebuilt and should installed in a couple hours!

Last edited:

SPOOLINLUST

Feb 24, 2011
nnj
Nice! You have inspired me my friend good work. After I saw the wire tuck I had to do it. I want to see what kind of spool characteristics and power you make with that HX35. I considered it, actually bought one but it was trash and went driftmotion 57 trim. Good work, keep it coming!

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
Interfooler showed up today! Not bad quality for a mid priced eBay one.

Turbo is bolted on and ready to go. I'll see how it runs after work, hopefully no more clouds of smoke coming out of the exhaust!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365795187860.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365795187860.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 71

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
SPOOLINLUST;1930539 said:
Nice! You have inspired me my friend good work. After I saw the wire tuck I had to do it. I want to see what kind of spool characteristics and power you make with that HX35. I considered it, actually bought one but it was trash and went driftmotion 57 trim. Good work, keep it coming!

Thanks!
Took it for a quick spin tonight and had 10lbs by 3400 rpm. Being untuned I didn't want to push it any more but ill see what it can actually do after its tuned

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

sheedy126

Boost Addict
Apr 30, 2012
kennewick
just 10 lbs, i couldnt really go anything higher than that because it would lean out since it not tuned yet
im hoping it doesnt take much more to get to the max 16 lbs boost

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
sheedy126;1928001 said:
ill try and get a sound clip here soon

bad news earlier, turbo will need a rebuild. i was taking a chance with a used turbo off a diesel with 100k miles anyway, smokes quite a bit.
wastegate needs rotated 90* from how it is now. the dump tube only has a couple inches and hits the oil pan :(

with the new header the car has a deeper sound and sounds more cammed which is awesome. still using the same 272 snyder racing cams

edit: kakanator, did you ever get your car dyno'd with that turbo?
not yet soon I will at 15 psi.