Sharing time ..My new ign setup (pics)

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
upgradedsupra said:
Are you planning on getting it to the track soon?
hopefully it will be running full tilt in about a month. I have to keep the peace in my house .. I spent $6000.00 on it last month . I need to sell my old setup. that would speed things up a little..

Jason

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
buckshotglass said:
Did you make or buy wires/connectors to the plugs?
This is the best part no and no to answer both questions. The factory toyota coil plugs are identical

Jason

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
you can shorten the stems btw.

buck: he means the connectors.... they are the same as the 3 connectors that go to the factory coils, you just need 6 of them.

whats the progress on the AEM have you already started putting the harness together...and is the Ignition box on the way?

threedguru

Self Proclaimed Mechanic
Jun 26, 2007
Texas
wow that looks really good? curious has anyone tried using ford coil on plugs? i saw it on supra forums and was intrigued . the guy said it was pretty much straight forward.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
IJ. said:
Jason: What's a 300m?
(might be called something different here and a bud wants to do CoP)

IJ.

Chrysler sold the "300m" in AU. It is the version prior to the current 300C. The coils are OK. "Tuners" like them not because they are stout but because any, and I mean more specifically the AEM CDI, can drive them unlike the MSD Racing coils or the Mecury Marine Thunderbolt coils (MoTeC and M&W sell these) where the AEM cries and then flips over like a cockroach sprayed with RAID.

Tun-X

just a clarification

the 300m coils are not used by all tuners. Just the ones that run the AEM CDI. Everyone I see them running is running an AEM based setup. I know why they don't do the Mercury Marine coils and the Blaster Racing coils. To low a primary resistance and the AEM CDI just frys itself if you try to run those coils. BUt if it could run Merc coils, that would be the way to go. Cheap (30 bux a coils) and ANY Mercury BOAT store sells them ;)

Last edited:

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
figgie said:
IJ.

Chrysler sold the "300m" in AU. It is the version prior to the current 300C. The coils are OK. "Tuners" like them not because they are stout but because any, and I mean more specifically the AEM CDI, can drive them unlike the MSD Racing coils or the Mecury Marine Thunderbolt coils (MoTeC and M&W sell these) where the AEM cries and then flips over like a cockroach sprayed with RAID.

Tun-X

just a clarification

the 300m coils are not used by all tuners. Just the ones that run the AEM CDI. Everyone I see them running is running an AEM based setup. I know why they don't do the Mercury Marine coils and the Blaster Racing coils. To low a primary resistance and the AEM CDI just frys itself if you try to run those coils. BUt if it could run Merc coils, that would be the way to go. Cheap (30 bux a coils) and ANY Mercury BOAT store sells them ;)
I have seen the coils on several haltech setups as well.. I not going to be running an Aem cdi. I never said they are used by all tunners but are simply a crowd favorite.

Jason

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Tun_x said:
I have seen the coils on several haltech setups as well.. I not going to be running an Aem cdi

Jason

well that is the nice thing about those coils. No need for CDI.

Any ignitor can light them. They are an "easy" load to handle (higher primary resitance usually means higher inductance which is a good thing). and you can bypass the built in ignitor to run them with a CDI if you so decide so in the future :)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
figgie said:
Motec CDI-8 for the win. Which mind you is the only Motec CDI not made by M&W ;) Only reason it is FTW though is the ONE wire to light up to eight cylinders up sequentially. :)

If you were a TRUE guru, it would be spelled correctly :biglaugh: It is MoTeC! After all, you are the VP man :icon_razz

M&W aka MoTeC :naughty: