shakey hood

harojake

JDizzle
Jun 21, 2010
Butuckey MIchigan
i was on my way back from up north and i had to put some oil in my 89 , big suprise there, when i got back on the eway my girlfriend asked if i closed the hood all the way i said yeah and looked at it, it was closed but both corners but not the center by the latch were shaking so bad it made the car shake a little, got home looked at the bolts and everything was fine, just wondering does anyone els have this problem or know how to fix this before my hood just flys off into speeding log trucks?:biglaugh:
-thanks

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
My hood likes to randomly pop itself up on occasion, due to how bumpy I80 is around here. The hood latch itself can be adjusted up a small bit. So can the rubber stoppers that your hood hits on the way down. Unfortunately mine are a bit screwed up and don't like to adjust any further down, so I may need to modify the loop on the hood that catches on the hook...

SupraCorwin

Shadow
Oct 14, 2008
Washington
I also have the same problem, it only happens when I am going 65+mph, like on the freeway.

Just noticed it yesterday so I havn't had a chance to try adusting where Te72 said to.

funky_monkey58

Closing in on 200+MPH
Apr 3, 2006
St.cloud MN
I had a hood latch fail moment once.......

When I did my 190mph pull in my supra the rear of the hood was about 2 inches higher than its normal disposition, kinda freaked me out a bit.

termn8r2000

I'LL BE BACK..........
Apr 14, 2007
Indianapolis, IN
The bonding of the hood skin to the frame on my old hood was no longer intact and used to allow the hood skin to shake in the center at high speeds, but the latch or hood frame was always tight around the edges.