Serious clean up for the experienced..

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
rcboricua07;1011298 said:
.. and i am very familiar with gtepowered.com

Just noticing how few 700+ HP cars were on there....the old 7M Power site too ;)

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
p1011322_1.jpg

start from here

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
jdub;1011315 said:
Just noticing how few 700+ HP cars were on there....the old 7M Power site too ;)

the 7m power is a good site and i understand what you guys are telling me about achieving that much power. But you do have to understand that not everyone who achieves that much power goes onto a site to show it off or to reveal to everyone that they have accomplished that goal. Some people may not want others to even know what they are making

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
less b.s more pics dude, show us the goodies youve already bought , show us the shiny built bottom end, what brand high flow oil pump did you use?
im not doubting you i just love pics..:biglaugh:

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
wiseco7mgt;1011349 said:
less b.s more pics dude, show us the goodies youve already bought , show us the shiny built bottom end, what brand high flow oil pump did you use?
im not doubting you i just love pics..:biglaugh:

well I dont have pics for you right now cause the machine shop still got the motor but when i get it back I will take pics to post up for you guys to see. I was thinking of painting the block white though seeing as no one I have seen has done so and also it will be a good indicator if i ever get a leak somewhere lol

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
im in for one of those "high flow" oil pumps... and whats your "mod" list? if your shootin for 700hp i would like to know what your going to run.

Knife edged crank? moly coated pistons? crank scraper? just wondering is all...
and my biggest question, is what platform did you start from? 92 turbo? 87 turbo?

and i wanted to do my block pink...:biglaugh:

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
Rennat;1011360 said:
im in for one of those "high flow" oil pumps... and whats your "mod" list? if your shootin for 700hp i would like to know what your going to run.

Knife edged crank? moly coated pistons? crank scraper? just wondering is all...
and my biggest question, is what platform did you start from? 92 turbo? 87 turbo?

and i wanted to do my block pink...:biglaugh:

I started from a 1990 turbo platform.. there is a different way of shaping the crank which is based on i guess aerodynamic theory its where they round one end then taper it towards the end honestly i forgot what it was called. The pistons are as it came when i bought them I didn't go out of my way to coat them though it probably would have been a good investment. I dont believe it will hold me back on reaching my goal though. I had a question though has anyone done any tuning with cams and what problems did you run into??

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
rcboricua07;1011256 said:
Well my motor was done by a performance shop in CT and it was bored 40 over decked forged eagle h beam rods, forged je pistons, balanced rotating assembly high flow oil pump clevite 77 bearings...motor was bored with the torque plate and all the little bells and whistles to make it more true when put together. Why do you ask?

Name/location of the shop in CT? There's been a few NE guys asking about good shops in that area...I'm sure the shop owner would appreciate the business.

BTW - who made the high flow oil pump?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
jdub;1011563 said:
Name/location of the shop in CT? There's been a few NE guys asking about good shops in that area...I'm sure the shop owner would appreciate the business.

BTW - who made the high flow oil pump?

well

I rather ask Mello or BlackDevil for shops in CT. After all they are the guys that set the early bar in that neck of the woods.

rboricua

the motor sounds nice. What will you use to fuel it to get to 700+ hp?

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
rcboricua07;1011180 said:
yea there not and if you run to rich and fowl up the catalyst your going to have to buy them again and you just wasted 6 or 7 hundred dollars.

Wife says she can see how having birds in the engine can FOUL up your catalytic converter. :rofl:

That said, nobody in this thread has attacked you in the least. You're wanting information, and we're telling you straight off that you've not given us enough information to accurately answer the questions at hand.

You've got to realize, nobody owes you any answers. Many people talk big power on the 7M, and as you can see around here quite easily, very few actually succeed.

EGR dilution, for example - has zero effect @ WOT. Of course, you claim to understand how the EGR system works - but do you understand when the EGR system is active? At WOT, there is no dilution, because the valve is shut. The valve is also shut @ idle. EGR is only active at part throttle. EGR allows added timing, which requires less fuel, therefore better MPG at part throttle. EGR also lowers EGTs (as jdub has seen first hand) and that is GREAT at any heavy part throttle application.

Again, are you building a street machine, drag strip terror, or a dyno queen? You have very different parameters to calculate for each.

Oh, a little FYI - all of our oil pumps are high volume, from the factory ;)

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
aerodynamics plays a big part in a high h.p motor .I paid extra and got my crank golfballed , its where they dimple the cranks counterweights and when its under high revs it traps air between the crank and the oil, makes it rev like a f1 car...cost heaps but.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Me im kinda leaning towards shoving all the electronics i can under the fender wells... theres a ton of room there.. just will need lota wires extended....

Sounds interesting, Would alot of waterproofing be required or encouraged when doing this . I want to clean up the under hood area of ugly stuff . Just for showing sake and to ease working on it . So much stuff to tip toe around it would be nice to have an area that resembled an older push rod to work on

rcboricua07

7M powered
May 20, 2007
Massachusetts
Doward;1011665 said:
Wife says she can see how having birds in the engine can FOUL up your catalytic converter. :rofl:

That said, nobody in this thread has attacked you in the least. You're wanting information, and we're telling you straight off that you've not given us enough information to accurately answer the questions at hand.

You've got to realize, nobody owes you any answers. Many people talk big power on the 7M, and as you can see around here quite easily, very few actually succeed.

EGR dilution, for example - has zero effect @ WOT. Of course, you claim to understand how the EGR system works - but do you understand when the EGR system is active? At WOT, there is no dilution, because the valve is shut. The valve is also shut @ idle. EGR is only active at part throttle. EGR allows added timing, which requires less fuel, therefore better MPG at part throttle. EGR also lowers EGTs (as jdub has seen first hand) and that is GREAT at any heavy part throttle application.

Again, are you building a street machine, drag strip terror, or a dyno queen? You have very different parameters to calculate for each.

Oh, a little FYI - all of our oil pumps are high volume, from the factory ;)

yea I know I know no one is attacking me, and I do know when the EGR is functioning. I simply wanted to eliminate things under the engine bay so that there is less stuff to work around on. My goal is neither for drag nor to be a dyno queen. I do understand that it is extremely difficult to reach 700 whp but thats the goal I would like the satisfaction of being able to reach at least high 10's on a quarter mile. I understand its a far reach but I never said it was going to happen overnight. Any suggestions on what may aid my in achieving this? and on the oil pump issue I admit i did not know that the pump was high flow but I never said i knew it all and i was simply reffering to less restrictive due to bend in the pipe. Any advice is appreciated.