Seattle supra owners?

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
Whidbey Island, Washington
I love the MK2's! A friend of mine at work owns one. He just bought a 7m parts car with a bad trans and he will be swapping the 6m out for the 7m. It should be fun!
phpYIuXAiAM.jpg

As far as machine work goes, find a shop that specializes in diesel engines. Diesels come stock with metal head gaskets and have to deal with MUCH higher cylinder pressures than our gas engines. They will be much more anal about doing the job right than your run of the mill machine shop. Anyway, greetings from the North!

ynnadkrap

Aug 30, 2010
federal way
Do any of you guys have experience in build the 7m? I'm mechanically inclined but id much rather have someone help who has had previous experience... Here's a parts list I put together for the bottom end for now. NPR .20 over piston kit from DM, shot peened Oem rods, balanced/polished crank, clevite bearings, and Arp hardware.
Going to be using the rebuilt ct to 57 trim also from DM.
Along with 550s, Lexus afm, and afpr from DM can I see 400whp? Anyone running the 57trim here in the pnw?

Im more interested in tiffany!! Sounds like a beautiful ride. Lol well im assembling 7m parts as well right now same general plan you have. Lol never done it before dont know what im doing. But sure as shit in the morning i will when im done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
I've built the 7m before. It is easy. Make sure you are clean, have a shit ton of brake cleaner, and get yourself a bottle of "The Right Stuff." It is a gasket maker that works really well. I hate leaks and this works really well for the oil pan gasket. There is a thread in the 7MGTE forum about how to build them and make them live. I suggest reading it through a few times before you build the engine. Upgrade the oil system as well. I ran a 60-1 trim turbo for a while before I upgraded to a Boss Jr ball bearing unit. I liked it. I like the Boss better though, but that is mainly the sound of it on boost. Power levels "felt" pretty similar. I may be upgrading to a t4 GT35r this winter however, which means the Boss will be up for sale.

Sweetness! when is our next meet? I don't have any planned what did Adam say? He is really good on communication... Princess is just jelly that I'm a cheap whore that will pay attention to anyone with a Supra. Thanks for the advice Dane i'll surely make sure I read up on everything as I begin planning parts.

Pyro15D

kind of a lucky dude
Aug 24, 2008
No problem, yeah I did use the TSRM online for a few things, but I was able to score a Factory Service Manual for like $15, so I used that for quite a bit as well. I've also referenced the SM horsepower list in regards to what parts I need to get for my hp goals. I spend quite a bit of time reading and researching. When I was younger, I made tons of mistakes buying things impulsively and finding out they wouldn't work or fit with what I was trying to do, so now I spend a lot of time researching before I bite the bullet and spend money. Building engines is a lot of fun.

Text translated via modified Unix Kernel, sent over the air with a 1.9Ghz radio transceiver using Code Division Multiple Access algorithms along several repeater stations to a Verizon ISP, then to a switching network to the ISP of your choice. What you do with it then is your responsibility.