Scotty's Toyota Supra MKIII

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Thanks :) Definitely coming together! The TRD shift knob is nice, much better then the originale one, which pretty much has no shape. I'll look into the floormats.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Received a package today with a K&N filter, inletpipe and a vacuumhose-kit(got that for free).

Pretty happy :) Other then that, the numberplate-holder is painted, aswell as the metal "bumper" that goes underneath the rear bumper has been sandblasted and powder coated. In the sparewheel-well it's been welded a bit, as there was a little rust, so best to get that right away. For the approving of the car(to get number plates) there was some rust underneath of the car by the driverseat, that's all been done aswell.

Started assembling stuff today.. plans for the weekend is:
-Wash the car! (gets dusted down everytime it's over this guy getting welded)
-Polishing. (4 weeks since it got painted)
-Mount new moldings
-Try to mount some more interior
... and probably a whole lot more.

Click the pictures for a higher resolution!

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Another update. Tok of the timing gear cover and painted it black with white stripes, also took of the caliper(front right) for overhauling and found at the same time that I've got KONI suspension. Other then that the rear end is mounted and all finished.

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
supra92turbo;1434111 said:
where did you get those wheels arches???

X2. Where did you get those? I read you said they arn't "Real" or factory or whatever, there just replicas, but they look damn good!

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Just bought some parts.. ! :)

OBX header and clear headlight/indicators

obx.jpg

lys.jpg

Fubar231

Apr 2, 2008
columbus
I cant wait till you get that exhaust on, i wanna see what that tip looks like! Also, nice turns/corners! I got clear turns on my car, but i cant find a set of clear side markers for a descent price. Should look good! Heres a pic of my clear turns on my car just to show you what yours may look like (But 10x cleaner cause your car is clean and sexy and mine... not so much)

p1452464_1.jpg

(Mine are on a 89+ car, so i had to bend a bracket for the 89 lights so these ones would sit flush, although they kinda seem like there pushed down onto the bumper a bit, but, whatever.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
About time with a new update..

I've received the packages with lights and OBX header. The lights have been mounted, except for the side indicators, as they didn't fit with the mouldings. Other then that I'm happy with it! The header needs a bit of waiting though, it needs to be welded with the downpipe, as the clamps don't hold for very long, also the o2 bong needs to be moved further up the downpipe. Think I'll also wait with installing it untill I receive the Greddy/Trust cat-back. Other then that I've mounted the mouldings on one side, aswell as the panels by the rear wheels, on both sides. The one side with mouldings need to wait a bit, as there is some rust by one of the holes that need to be treated.

The car has got number plates now aswell! :)

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
The car is close to being finished now! :) (except that I'm never gonna be finished)

I haven't done much this weekend, mainly it's the spoiler, the rest of the mouldings aswell as new 'gaskets' on the taillights. I chose to put the spoiler on temporarily, as it seems that it's gonna take a bit of time before I get a 89+ spoiler. The pre 89 isn't the best looking spoiler, but it works. Other then that the left side where the mouldings go has been painted, and the mouldings are on.(was painted a few days ago)

Next thing happening is rustprotection of the car on the 21. december. The petrol cap aswell as the sawblade rims are getting painted during next week.