Scotty's Toyota Supra MKIII

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Hey.

First of all, I'm Scott, from Norway. :) And this is my 1987 Toyota Supra MKIII which I bought on the 4th of July 2009.
When I bought it there was quite a bit of rust, but that is all fixed now, and the car has just been painted. I'll let the pictures speak.

Click the pictures for a higher resolution!

The day I got the car. [6th July 2009]

Some pictures after a proper clean, the car was now ready for welding of rust etc. [7th July 2009]

A few random pictures. [11th July 2009]

Last edited:

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net

The wheel arches pretty much finished. Getting close to painting. [4th October 2009]

Pictures after the painting! Rear bumper is only temporarily on, still missing some mounts.[19th. October 2009]

And finally, this is how I want the car to look when it's finished.

Comments? :)

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Thanks :) The wheel arches are actually for an Opel Calibra, I heard of several people using it, and it was just as good. Much easier to get hold of then originale ones, not to mention a lot cheaper.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
those are cheap.... now I'm thinking about starting over with my arches :( atleast on the right side....
Icy Supra: I found those arches under 93-97

EDIT: It's the same for 90-97

Icy Supra

Apr 1, 2008
Vogar/Iceland
eraezer;1431678 said:
those are cheap.... now I'm thinking about starting over with my arches :( atleast on the right side....
Icy Supra: I found those arches under 93-97

EDIT: It's the same for 90-97

Thanks, it looks like a good fit.

scotty

Jun 30, 2009
Norway
scottnicholas.net
Thanks!

Only thing I've got planned is a 2.5-3" Exhaust(HKS?) and a new airfilter. Don't wanna put too much money in the engine it's got now. If anything, then I'll save up for a 7M-GTE or a 2JZ-GTE and get it proper set up and tuned from a firm/company.

eraezer

Nov 6, 2008
Stockholm, Sweden
I would suggest that you go with a home made exhaust since that is cheeper and you have more than enough welding knowledge to do so. And I don't see any good reason to buy an exhaust for several houndreds of US dollars. Maybe you could look at pics of those and get an idea on how they are routed, what bens are used and so on.

Where in Norway do you live? My girlfriends grand parents have a house in Skånevik and I plan to go there next summer.