Sawbladz build. Lots of pics...possibly some progress.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Thanks. I don't think I will be running a CC so would I be alright just running a silicone line off the TB port, then using a barbed>AN fitting and running braided stainless to tie in with the existing lines? Is the size of this line important?

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
I used -10 from the Cam covers -8 then -6 to the intake, my motor was breathing a little by that stage though so the big lines helped.

First 30,000km's I ran it without the pcv or the catch can.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm just worried that the line to the TB will be too large since it will be the same size as the existing lines on the PCV.

Looks like I will be ordering some more fittings and lines. This is not going to be cheap. lol

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
And this is why I shouldn't be allowed near the computer with my banking information. Just ordered a bit of IC piping, some couplers, Samco rad hoses and a small pile of fittings. All stuff I needed but when you buy it all at once it adds up. Just after I told the girlfriend I was done spending money on the car. lol

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
IJ.;1526930 said:
If she's even a little bit smart by now she'll realise you're never "done" ;)

Oh I think she understands all too well. That's why it scares her so much. However, yesterday she told me how much she misses the car so I can't be in too much trouble. I just wish I would stop adding to the "to-do" list and check more things off.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Bag of fittings showed up on my doorstep this morning. I'm not sure I'm happy with them. All the hose ends are silver instead of blue and red. I like the silver better but it doesn't match the rest of my fittings and the picture I saw was of red/blue ones. Guess I will just have to live with it and maybe one day replace all the red ones with silver.

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Got all the lines made. Pretty excited. I've never made any AN lines for anything before and I think it turned out well. I hid the silver fittings and used all the red/blue ones where they would be seen. I should now have a properly functional PCV system that looks good. Don't want a catch can at this time because I've never been convinced that they work that well.

Pics:
p1528792_1.jpg

p1528792_2.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Custom fan shroud is built and the rad is in the car. Turned out pretty well. I wish the fan wasn't so fat but it fits. Now all I need is my new coolant hoses before I can fill it full of fluid.

p1529411_1.jpg

p1529411_2.jpg

p1529411_3.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
More parts showed up so I spent some time on the car. I'm loving my BIC engine damper. Also got my Samco rad hoses on with all new clamps from Toyota and I'm 90% done the inter cooler pipe routing. Need a few more clamps. I plugged the hole in the bottom of the rad and fixed a bunch of hoses so they were further from heat or ran smoother. Now working on running some lines/wires for gauges and and putting the shifter in.

The whole waiting for parts thing is annoying. Nothing ever seems to show up when I need it.

p1536704_1.jpg

p1536704_2.jpg

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
I'm happy with it for now. Way too many couplers but I didn't want to spend the money on all new pipes and welding. In the future it will be all redone the way I like it but this will work fine for now. Made more progress late last night just bolting random things on and cleaning others. I think I may have figured out where I want my coolant overflow.

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Sawbladz;1537117 said:
I'm happy with it for now. Way too many couplers but I didn't want to spend the money on all new pipes and welding. In the future it will be all redone the way I like it but this will work fine for now. Made more progress late last night just bolting random things on and cleaning others. I think I may have figured out where I want my coolant overflow.

Nice. I hear ya on the couplers. You using the stock overflow or an aftermarket?