Saw a Bigblock 427 MKIII today.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Be still my beating heart :love:

I'd actually considered an NA Mountain Motor for mine but decided the 6.0 Lsx made more sense, pity you didn't get some pics I'd like to have seen the install.

kikdurazz

what's the birdcage for?
Apr 1, 2005
winnipeg
Hmmm, have to keep my eye out for it around the peg. I'll see if I can get some pics of it if he shows up at any of the usual spots.

There is a 350 small block MKIII rolling around the city as well now that just got finnished being put together this year.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, I wouldn't be ashamed to drive yours ;)

Best SBC install I've seen with a TPI L98 with the 700R4 tranny. Everything worked and it fit under the hood.

Seen a number of carbed SBC swaps with holes cut in the hood with the air cleaner sticking out and nothing working :3d_frown:

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
He wasn't interested in socializing or letting me have anything more than just a quick glance under the hood. It looked pretty clean. The body was all there and no visible rust.

What caught my attention first about it was that it just didn't sound at all right when he pulled up.

Said hello, took a quick peek and then told him I had a nice MKIII to which he immediately responded "Ya, well I'm sure your is complete crap more than likely, they always are in my experience"

Then he just sat down slammed his door and left.

That was where my "he was kinda a dick" comment comes from. He made all of his comments in the highest level of arrogence. You know the kind, you just want to smack him, but the effort would be not worth it.

But it did sound freaking nice though. Engine bay (for the breif moment I got to see it look very clean) but I havn't the slightest clue how the hell he would get to his spark plug ever.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
That reminds me of the guy I saw around here a few years ago. 92 Teal Sunroof Turbo, Shadow Gray Leather, ricer stickers and splotches of primer all over.
I asked him about the car, asked him if he would be interested in selling it, and he said "kid like you couldn't own one of these" so I proceeded to tell him that I had 3 of them, which I did at that time, and he said "well you couldn't afford this one anyway"

Damn, man. why do people have to act like that? Just be CIVIL!