San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I know what you guys are thinking, "why didn't I invite anybody to come." Easy, I left my house @ 0635 and I seriously doubt anybody would want to go out there that early. So don't hate.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1973404 said:
I know what you guys are thinking, "why didn't I invite anybody to come." Easy, I left my house @ 0635 and I seriously doubt anybody would want to go out there that early. So don't hate.

I would like to say I could have joined but your right, I probably would not have waken up early enough; especially since I live a little over an hour away. I'm planning on making this next run so you better not bail on me Rufus!! I will be at the back of the pack this time, taking in the scenery I missed out on for getting into speed racer mode on the last run. I'll probably make another video too so it would be nice to see more than one Supra in the pack. I'm going to post an invite on some of the other forums and see if there is any interest there to once again try and get some Supras together. Its over a month away so it should be enough time for people to plan for it. :naughty:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Looks good Evan. None of the MKIII's came with clearcoat from the factory. At least the last time I checked the Dupont book at the paint store they listed single stage paints for all MKIII's. They were all coated in polyurethane enamel single stage paint jobs. I'm not exactly sure of what brand paint they used from the factory.

Miguel, I'm definately going this Dec. 7th. Like I said before I might make it a once a month thing for me. It gets the car out and put some kind of miles on it. I rarely drive this thing as it is. I'll be leaving my house early as shit though, and nobody likes to get up that early.

I'm looking into doing the 12v mod because I'm tire of trying to tune around the switch from 9 - 12volts point. Car runs good, but still needs a little finesse here and there. I'll get around to it one of these days.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
About the paint from factory being single stage I might be a little wrong about all of them not having clear. I think the metallic paints and the pearl white may have been a two stage paint with clearcoat. Not positive, but I'll need to check more into that. But your solid colors were single stage paints.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Bummed out this morning. I was planning on hitting the hill country for a nice little drive but it's raining. I could still go and drive slower, but I wanted to touch up my tune and that requires some WOT pulls. Can't do that on wet streets. I'll definitely be out tomorrow though. I'm just going to keep it local and not go all out like last time.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Sorry, didn't see your post. I didn't go out after all. Ended up doing some family stuff for the rest of the day. I might go out a little today just to do some tuning. Most of my map on boost is too rich. I need to lean it out a bit.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok I leaned out the 10.2's area to a good 11.3's region. Now I have some 12.2's in the upper range that I need to tone down into the mid 11 region. I might work on that in the next couple of days. I'm running 17psi on this small Borg Warner turbo. Low 12 afr's isn't all that bad, but to close for comfort. I'll get that done, and just might take the ole girl out for a run at San Antonio Raceway soon. See what she can do before this motor goes south.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1974780 said:
Ok I leaned out the 10.2's area to a good 11.3's region. Now I have some 12.2's in the upper range that I need to tone down into the mid 11 region. I might work on that in the next couple of days. I'm running 17psi on this small Borg Warner turbo. Low 12 afr's isn't all that bad, but to close for comfort. I'll get that done, and just might take the ole girl out for a run at San Antonio Raceway soon. See what she can do before this motor goes south.
12's are definitely too close for comfort, did you ever end up doing the 12 volt mod for the fuel pump or did you tune around it? Let me know when you decide on taking her down to the strip :naughty:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Still tuning around the voltage switch. I'll let you know when I head to the track. I need to get some spare rims to mount my drag radials on. I have two coworkers that are willing to lend me some rims, but I want to get my own. I don't want to pay to have them mounted only to pay again to take them off later. I think I might head out to pick and pull and see what I can find. I know that had some MKIII sawblades out there last time I went. I want something a little wider though. Mustang rims?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Ok, I took off the manual boost controller. I'm going to run off the wastegate spring which is rated at 12psi. I've set the fuel pressure back down to a "normal" 38psi with vacuum source disconnected. I'm going to retune the MAPECU and see if I can keep things under fuel cut at that fuel pressure. I really need bigger injectors, but that's not in the family budget at the moment. So car will be a little slower, but I still might take her out to the dragstrip to see what it'll do at lower boost.