San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I was just going to say it's a matter of time before that meet is ruined, too. I've only been there once and I've seen many cars haul ass out of there on the access road. Hopefully not though.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Another damn exhaust leak. These turbo to manifold bolts just keep backing out. I swear I'm going to have to re-tighten these things once a week it seems. That's unless I get some that don't back out.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
whitehat89;1936223 said:
What time?

Sent via my awesome rooted S3 on TapaTalk

Probably around 8:30 or so

Suprapowaz!(2);1936235 said:
Another damn exhaust leak. These turbo to manifold bolts just keep backing out. I swear I'm going to have to re-tighten these things once a week it seems. That's unless I get some that don't back out.
Have you tried the lock nuts yet?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I tried looking for some distorted thread nut, aka jamb nuts & lock nuts, locally with no luck. Went to all the auto parts stores and they looked at me blank faced after I asked for them. Some would show me those nylon inserted nuts that will not work for exhaust hardware. I'll have to check grainer and see what they have. Do you know where I can find some lock nuts locally?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
whitehat89;1936435 said:
What day is the Potranco meet again? Ive been working so much I've lost track lol

It's every Saturday so it was today.....lol. I got caught up at my friends birthday party and didn't get a chance to wash the car so i ended up not going, but i'm planning on going this coming Saturday around the same time since i know i have nothing going on that day. Ill let you know for sure as it gets closer to the weekend.

Suprapowaz!(2);1936436 said:
I tried looking for some distorted thread nut, aka jamb nuts & lock nuts, locally with no luck. Went to all the auto parts stores and they looked at me blank faced after I asked for them. Some would show me those nylon inserted nuts that will not work for exhaust hardware. I'll have to check grainer and see what they have. Do you know where I can find some lock nuts locally?

I found them at Pep Boys on Military Dr. They are in the hardware section in the back; if you ask someone there make sure it is one of the Pep Boy guys in the back since all the younger guys will probably not know what your talking about. They even have the exhaust studs if yours are stripping from the head and are planning on doing the helicoil upgrade.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Here I go yanking out the turbo and manifold, again. I've went to Car Quest, Pep Boys, NAPA, O'Reilly's, Autozone, Ace Nut and Bolts, and none of them had lock nuts aka progressive thread nuts aka distorted thread nuts. I just haven't had time to get in the garage and begin wrenching. Oh well, it's all for fun.
I think I did mention I'm going to drop the fuel pressure back down to normal levels and tune for lower boost until I decide if I'm going to buy larger injectors. I got the hang of tuning with this MAP ECU. What are you guys up to?

Well, Ace nuts and bolts did have them but in fine thread. I need 10mm X 1.25, and the closest they had was 1.50 thread pitch.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Been busy trying to buy a house. I haven't spent any time on my car lately. Anyone need parts let me know. I need ro clean this garage out. I don't want to take all this crap to the new house. The parts will be free. Let me know, I might have it.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Next weekend I can come help you lighten your garage. Generally speaking, what do you still have? I picked up a second 7m block, the head seems to have been recently hot tanked and it looks to have a new timing belt and tensioner, so im gonna tear it down further for inspection.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I am gonna keep the diff but everything else needs to go..... I have blue pre 89 seats in good condition with one tear, blue dash in good condition, blue seat belts, intercooler stock, Windows, hatch red, spindles, sub frame, steering rack 89 +, brakes. A bunch of stuff. Let me know what you need and ill see if I have it or not.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
S.A. supra;1938344 said:
I am gonna keep the diff but everything else needs to go..... I have blue pre 89 seats in good condition with one tear, blue dash in good condition, blue seat belts, intercooler stock, Windows, hatch red, spindles, sub frame, steering rack 89 +, brakes. A bunch of stuff. Let me know what you need and ill see if I have it or not.

Do you have everything in pieces already or is it still on the car?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1938226 said:
Here I go yanking out the turbo and manifold, again. I've went to Car Quest, Pep Boys, NAPA, O'Reilly's, Autozone, Ace Nut and Bolts, and none of them had lock nuts aka progressive thread nuts aka distorted thread nuts. I just haven't had time to get in the garage and begin wrenching.
Well, Ace nuts and bolts did have them but in fine thread. I need 10mm X 1.25, and the closest they had was 1.50 thread pitch.

I'm stopping by the Pep Boys on military tomorrow to get a new pivot put in on one of my tires that i think someone kicked and I'll test my luck and see if i can find those lock nuts. I could have sworn i saw them there but i might have been wrong.

I think I did mention I'm going to drop the fuel pressure back down to normal levels and tune for lower boost until I decide if I'm going to buy larger injectors. I got the hang of tuning with this MAP ECU.

Good to hear your getting it dialed in

What are you guys up to?

Nothing much more to report over here, haven't gotten to doing much either besides changing a coupler that split on me causing a boost leak.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
1988ma70supra;1938564 said:
Nothing much more to report over here, haven't gotten to doing much either besides changing a coupler that split on me causing a boost leak.

If they do have all steel lock nuts let me know. I'll go get some. Did you ever tune out area around 2000rpm? You did say you have 12v mod done right?