San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1926864 said:
Good deal. When ate you gonna head back to the track?

Hopefully when I get this piggyback tuning thing licked I'll go back. If I cannot tune this car I'm gonna go back to the 'ole LEX AFM & AFPR crude tune. If that's the case I don't think I'm going to run the 1/4 again cause I think that's the best I'm going to do with the same mods.
Are you going to take the 2j beast down the 1320 soon?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah folks, I'm definately not going to the twisted sisters cruise tomorrow. We'll be visiting family tomorrow since everyone is doing their own thing Easter Sunday. Tomorrow we'll be busy. You guys have fun out there.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
The Twisted Sisters were sick!!! It wasnt as big of a turnout as December since alot of people got scared of the mist in the morning but it turned out to be pretty awesome; although there were a couple of casualties. I did push the car quite a bit and she held together more than well. Don't mean to sound like im braging but i did pass up a GTR on the cruise.......just saying.....lol. I going to be staying the night in Kerrville but ill work on getting some pics and videos after the holiday.

Did any of you guys go to Cars and Coffee? I heard they had a dyno day right after.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I really wanted to go, but had to do the family thing. I might try to make the 3TS cruise with the Nismo crowd in April. We'll see.
Miguel, how long was it from start to finish? Waiting on some nice vids of it too.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Good news. I was having trouble with this whole tuning thing and was experiencing some serious hesitation when I touch the throttle. The problem was my vacuum source was too far from the manifold. I relocated the MAP ECU so I could be within 4" to the vacuum source. That made a huge difference! I still have very little hesitation, but I can work with that. There's an fuel table enrichment adjustment I can play with to minimize the hesitation.

There's a problem... the only way to get it that close was to put the MAP ECU under the hood. I'm not supposed to have the unit under the hood. It's not waterproof, and the constant heat may fry the unit. So what do I do? I thought about wrapping it with some heat shielding stuff and keep it under there. Car runs tons better with it that close to the manifold. I'm going to ask the main guy over at MAPECU forums and see what he thinks.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Yeah, there was a good 3-3.5 second delay which was killing me. Engine was demanding fuel, MAP ECU was stalling to deliver it. There's still a very small hesitation, but I hope to be able to tune it out. It really doesn't bother me too much compared to how much of a delay there used to be. I found a place in the engine bay to mount it, but I need to wrap it in some heat shield first. Then I'll get to street tuning the non-boost area first.

Miguel, did you get that lean spot figured out?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1927740 said:
Yeah, there was a good 3-3.5 second delay which was killing me. Engine was demanding fuel, MAP ECU was stalling to deliver it. There's still a very small hesitation, but I hope to be able to tune it out. It really doesn't bother me too much compared to how much of a delay there used to be. I found a place in the engine bay to mount it, but I need to wrap it in some heat shield first. Then I'll get to street tuning the non-boost area first.

Miguel, did you get that lean spot figured out?
No not yet, I didn't get a chance to install the IPM before the cruise and during the cruise my RPMs were over 2k so I didn't run into any issues. I'm gonna try to mess with it this week and hopefully get somewhere

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Here's one of the videos already made:

[video=youtube;JL1VPVbu4d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JL1VPVbu4d4[/video]

There should be more popping up and im making my own as well. I didnt have a go-pro like alot of these guys did so expect some shakyness from mine :aigo:

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
sterlingae;1927946 said:
You guys are crazy 250 miles cruise is too much. Il be at nismo fiesta autox and showing my car there also.

Believe me, the 250 miles went by fast!! I wasn't trying to compete with anybody but as soon as the twisties hit it was an automatic competition in pretty much everyones mind and we were all booking it. Through the straight aways i topped the speedo at 150 without even realizing it. I have never gone that fast in the car before; I'm glad nothing went wrong but i also know it was extremely reckless and im not planning on doing that again anytime soon.

Suprapowaz!(2);1927983 said:
Miguel, please don't litter your vids with music. If you do please make them without the music. I like to hear engine, road, & wind noise. Makes me feel like I was there.

My videos are going to unfortunately be kinda chopped up since my brother was in charge of the filming and was in my friends Jetta. His car was one of the 3 casualties in the cruise. His techtronic tranny started overheating leaving him at the end of the pack (and at one point on the side of the road) while he allowed it to cool. Needless to say he couldnt keep up with the rest of us so the footage isn't as great as it could have been. I'm going to look into getting a Go-Pro in the future when i get some more cash.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1928092 said:
Thank goodness it was just an overheating issue and he didn't run off a cliff. Any accidents happen?
Yeah his car held his own in the twisties untill the tranny issue. There was one accident where the car got too close to the rock wall but no fatalities or anything like that; the car was no longer driveable though. A corvette also had an issue in the dips of the road; it was sitting so low that the tire caught the wheel well and destroyed it. I had an issue with the dips as well, the tire that i put on temporarily that was a bit taller than my Toyos started rubbing on my fender. So on every had dip you would see a puff of smoke coming out of my rear tire. It never rubbed before so i didnt think it was going to be an issue. Videos are coming up soon

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
Does anyone by any chance have an accordion hose they'd be willing to part with or sell? I think I found the issue causing my rough running issue. My accordion hose has an inch long split on the turbo side, on the bottom and towatds the block, so I never saw it until I decided to Inspect for vaccum leaks... needless to say, id figure a vaccum leak of that magnitude between the turbo and AFM might have a good chance to cause my problem...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2