San antonio

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
damn...i wish everybody was just running good for one weekend!

On another note, i got my fender back from the shop on Friday. I ended up going with Abe's Paint and Body. And lemme tell you they do some quality work.
They're located on Pat Booker right near Randolph A.F.B. And I had no idea that it was so difficult to get a fender off! There were bolts everywhere and the damage the fender had only made it more difficult to get to them. It took 2 1/2 hours to get the damn thing off...
Now everything is put back and lines up really well. Gotta get the pinstripe redone and I forgot to put the water seal back on the fender flare so gonna do that too
Going down junkyard alley to get my transmission this week

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
so mike and miguel out because of starters....no excuse because you can push start it. lol

nichole i forgot you had my book and was looking all over for it. (not a big deal with tsrm online)
i will hit you up sometime and check out your car.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Well yesterday coming home from work the stock twins started to smoke. After boosting and coming to a stop they would smoke white smoke at idle :3d_frown: this is apparently their fourth year of being daily driven so I guess that's not bad...my car also shoots a puff of white smoke on start up

Oh and after reading about these issues I came across a thread about 1jz ecu's and I guess my capacitors are on their way out too. My idle is a little funny sometimes and I always smell gas from my car.

so now I gotta do turbo seals and valve stem seals and send my ecu to driftmotion fml...
I hope my starter doesn't go out..

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
It may not be your ECU, because if your turbos are starting to pump oil, that will fowl the o2 sensor, which will cause idle problems.
Have you ever put a fresh o2 sensor in it?
If not, don't do it until you correct the turbo problem.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
nope I don't think it's had a new o2 sensor since it came out of the clip 4 years ago. I'll replace that then and I'm getting a set of 43,000 mile stock twins with no shaft play for around 175 shipped
I can do the valve stem seals but I've never done them before and I hate doing head work...anyone have any experience doing valve stem seals and wouldn't mind helping me? Or anyone know of a good 1jz head for sale relatively cheap somewhere?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I think I'm just gonna hold off on the valve stem seals for now, it only smoke on start up every once in awhile. Probably like two mornings a week and only sometimes if I have to turn her off and then turn her back on in a few minutes. And the smoke is very minimal. So after I get this other set of twins I'll put the y-pipe on instead of worrying about doing it in-car on the current set. Still can't decide on other mods, I about 500 to spend after getting the turbos. Ideas?

How is everybody else doin?
Everybodys starter working? (my buddies 240sx starter went out too...lol)
Rufus you get your turbo mounted?
Miguel your motor broken in yet? Goin to Austin with us?
David are your zipties still holding your whole car together?? lol

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
i went to rehab and im almost off the zipties!
my bumper is on and everything is bolted up except the oil cooler(ziptied).

your valve seals might be fine, the oil burning on start up could be from the turbos.
i would do $500 of maintenance. brakes, ball joints, rubber shit, tires?

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
san supra;1617808 said:
i went to rehab and im almost off the zipties!
my bumper is on and everything is bolted up except the oil cooler(ziptied).

your valve seals might be fine, the oil burning on start up could be from the turbos.
i would do $500 of maintenance. brakes, ball joints, rubber shit, tires?

Good job, I believe in you! And I support you and your recovery...lol

True true that could be it. I'll definitely replace the turbos then and go from there.
Maintenance would be the smart thing to do lol. Brake and tie rods I've been needing to replace for idk how long. And theres quite a few bushings I should probably take care of...
And I would need tires if I had a good transmission and could drive my car hard lol, but there the BFG g-force supersports so they hold up really well to lots of abuse anyway..there basically brand new too

nicole43105

Feb 18, 2010
san antonio, tx
Sorry not been on here a lot, stuff is crazie. just got a stock ct for it. everything is back on the car but i switched a cpl coolant lines and vacuum lines so i want to correct that b4 adding coolant, oil, the battery, and go from there just to dbl check everything else hoping all goes well if it doesnt rain all weekend