San antonio

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
Oh I'm still driving it, just with a fucked up fender and bad tie rods lol. Pissed that autozone doesn't carry inner and outer...I'm just gonna order them from rockauto.com. The fender is what I'm having a hard time looking for. And I've been taking it very very easy, as easy as is possible on the transmission and clutch

nicole43105

Feb 18, 2010
san antonio, tx
Any more news on the meet on the 31st Ide like to go but dont think the car will be running. Got everything but a turbo and may be needin a stock intercooler got to see if mine is full of oil any ideas on where to get one if i need it?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Hey fellas ...and ladies

Finally getting started on my 7M. It's been a long wait so hopefully I can get it done in 3 weeks. David I hope thats ok since i have your engine stand...if not just say you need it and i'll curse you out and give it back...lol. OK i got this half block from Mike...which is nice!!...with all the gaskets. Just to make sure i'm not seeing wrong but the kit seems to have come with "extras". I think this is a gasket kit for a 7M-GE & 7M-GTE. Hopefully you can check out the photo and verify. I believe one is a rear main seal, intake, and the rubber ones idk...all for 7M-GE..

http://cid-2961fcd594740be8.photos.live.com/self.aspx/Supra/CIMG0171.jpg

I'll post pictures of what i've done so far if interested.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
satx88supra, those rubber pieces, don't they go into your timing belt lower cover? I could be wrong.

Guess what guys... I mated my engine to trans tonight. I had no intention on doing so. All I wanted to do tonight was install the new clutch release bearing on the hub, and install that hub onto the pressure plate. So, I did. I've gone this far why not put it on the transmission? So, I did. Why not take the engine off the stand and install the flywheel? I did that too. Why not see how those metal plates fit on the dowels of the engine. I slapped on the pilot bearing on the input shaft. Lets see how the trans fits up to the engine. I threaded all the bolts in by hand. Well heck, why not torque them down and call it done? I did. I was feeling good that I got that done. I started to torque down the pressure plate to the flywheel through the inspection holes when I suddenly realized I forgot something. FAIL!
I forgot the dang clutch disc. I had no intentions on mating the trans to the engine tonight, but I got carried away.

001kje.jpg

David, is it the flattest side faces the flywheel? I believe it is. I don't want to get it wrong and do it all over again. You know what I mean?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Rufus,
yeah Mike mention that to but the one on the cover is way smaller than that. So I'm gonna say all that stuff is for a 7M-GE. BTW....engine looks good ....but that round thingy looks important.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
lol, you mean it doesn't just sit on top of the trans like that?

So I noticed my SSAC manifold looks to be a little warped. I knew I was going to have to take it in to get milled flat. I took it up the street to Millers to have them check it out. Sure enough it's warped. They said to put it on the machine to straighten it it would be $60/hr labor. I would be looking anywhere between $60-100 to straighten it. Oh well, just another expense.

I took the gas tank off the other day to drain and clean it. It's dry inside now, and sound like there's a cup of sand in there.

Time for some cleaning. I thought about taking it to Blanco Radiator Service to boil out the tank. Maybe I'll do it myself with some muriatic acid. The money I save I can put that toward milling the manifold. I swear this car is going to nickel and dime me to death.

slopra

Formerly tsavenged
Jan 15, 2010
San Antonio, TX
aww fail :biglaugh: ive done worse though rufus..forgot to put the rear main seal in after swapping a clutch on a friends car, i felt dumb lol thank god i didnt start it
and iirc it is the flat side that goes to the flywheel, it doesnt say on it?

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Cool, thanks. Ok, I took the trans off today and put that circle thingy in. Bolted down the trans & starter. I torqued down the pressure plate to flywheel bolts at 14lb/ft. That's what TSRM calls for. That seems kinda low, but I did it according to the specs. Fork and slave cylinder is on. Inspection covers are on. This baby is ready to drop in.

I think I'm going to take the starter off and have it tested. Last thing I need is to drop in the engine and the starter is bad. I have to clean out the gas tank too. I'm moving right along. I just hope I don't have a "I have BHG on start up" thread. It seems like there's quite a bit of some kind of failure going on with alot of guys fresh builds. I hope it doesn't happen to me.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
1988ma70supra;1591725 said:
My name's Miguel remember. lol. I should be running by the end of this week. I'm trying to clean up my engine bay a little and adding a few polished parts.

Sorry about that. I typed it on my phone and it must of done auto correct. It's not bilingual lol

Rufus thats OK, It's not a mistake it's called practice. Like the time I sent Darrell a pic of the engine on the hoist before I dropped it in. Then 30 Min's later I send him one of it all the way in. Then the fucker decides to finally point out that i forgot to install the starter.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1592415 said:
It seems like there's quite a bit of some kind of failure going on with alot of guys fresh builds. I hope it doesn't happen to me.
Well you jinxed me Rufus. I tried to give my ride its first breath of air in a few months and nothing. It turns over and seems to have spark and fuel. After a few tries i got tired so I'm going to pick up where i left off tomorrow after work. I hope i didnt forget something important :nono:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
You probably just forgot to connect one of your ground wires. Make sure they're all clean too. Might want to take some 180grit sandpaper to the surfaces of the contact areas then bolt it down.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
1988ma70supra;1592488 said:
Well you jinxed me Rufus. I tried to give my ride its first breath of air in a few months and nothing. It turns over and seems to have spark and fuel. After a few tries i got tired so I'm going to pick up where i left off tomorrow after work. I hope i didnt forget something important :nono:

That sucks, Good luck figuring it out keep us posted.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Well I didn't get the BW S366 That I wanted but I did pick up the DM 67mm Turbo. It was cheaper and I have a vacation coming up so need the money for are trip.:cry: Now all I need are cams for my birthday to push the bigger turbo. But thats not for another 3 months. :wtc: Since I have to wait for a turbo I cleaned her up alittle and took that purple tint off the windows. All she really needs a the moment is for the hood to be painted....... If I only knew some one that paints.:sarcasm:LOL
p1593453_1.jpg

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
RC was supposed to tell you. Cars and coffee.

If any one needs to change their M/T tranny fluid. I bought a gallon of redline, And I only need 3.2 quarts. So All you will need to buy is 3 quarts and I can hook you up with the .2 quarts. So you don't have to pay an extra $11 for .2 quarts