San antonio

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
OK ...i'm gettin in gear .....i guess. I think I solved my hard starting issue. Took the cold start injector off...rigged up a test connection...and tried a test spray pattern. It just dribbled gas out of it...no spray...just...just sort of leaked out. Took it off and tried cleaning the best I could..retried and wow what a difference. Car starts alot quicker but not as quick as i wished it would be. Takes about 3-4sec for it to catch and fire up. I actually drove it around the neighborhood and got stopped by the cops!! No tags, no license plates, no insurance but they were cool and told me to go park it. So i guess for now i'm on the track....just need money so who's giving to the project.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
satx88supra;1513855 said:
So i guess for now i'm on the track....just need money so who's giving to the project.
:: door :: Sorry Darrel, I'm all tapped out.

Hey Michael, I had your motor mounts in my car and forgot to leave them with Dave. Sorry. How soon did you need them? When you gonna be in town again?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1513861 said:
:: door :: Sorry Darrel, I'm all tapped out.

Hey Michael, I had your motor mounts in my car and forgot to leave them with Dave. Sorry. How soon did you need them? When you gonna be in town again?

No rush I still need my short block to be built, and a head gasket. So I'll get it whenever.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1513983 said:
wow, is that the normal price?

He just quoted somebody last month so it should be around the same price this month. I need to get new flywheel and PP bolts too. He quotes those prices on that thread too.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572469&highlight=clutch+disc

He gives out good deals.

Michael, just let me know when you need them. I could drop them off at Millers and let them know they're for you, but I don't want to run a risk of them losing them. If we have a meet on the 27th of this month that runs into the evening, we could meet up then.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Speaking of tsavenged... I here you want to turbo your n/a. I have a turbo manifold and elbow if you want it. I can try to make the next meet and bring that too.

David, that guy that's parting out two MKIII's downtown... are they turbo models?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1514460 said:
He just quoted somebody last month so it should be around the same price this month. I need to get new flywheel and PP bolts too. He quotes those prices on that thread too.
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=572469&highlight=clutch+disc

He gives out good deals.

Michael, just let me know when you need them. I could drop them off at Millers and let them know they're for you, but I don't want to run a risk of them losing them. If we have a meet on the 27th of this month that runs into the evening, we could meet up then.

Yeah no problem will have that meet late on the 27th, If thats OK with everyone.

Champion is located in Houston If I remember correctly. Pretty cheap.

I got my oil pump and some gaskets in today. Just waiting for my gasket set now. Then all I'll need is to get my block back hopefully get my head pnp and put back together. Then she'll be ready for Assembly!!!

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Kendrick's does porting and have a flow bench. Kotzur Racing ports and flows too, but he takes forever.

Hey... whatever happened to "it's just going to be a stock build?"

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1515455 said:
Kendrick's does porting and have a flow bench. Kotzur Racing ports and flows too, but he takes forever.

next built make it a 2j na-t!

hey suprapowaz2 if you come over thursday do you think you can bring the buffer and you buffing compound?
i would like to show my supra some love

what about this kind of paint?
http://www.paintforcars.com/aep_candyredmetallic.html

i heard that the paint they used to paint cars back in the day with is now a lot better and cheap for a "good" paint job. I think horsepower tv said it was enamel or acrylic or something that is one stage and can be buffed to awesomeness.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1515455 said:

ummm yeah about that.........

Got the gasket set in today. Oh yeah rufus it came with valve seals. So I don't need them but thanks for the offer. What all do you need for your build I know the exhaust bolts , And what size shim? I'll check my old head and see if I have it. Any thing else you looking for?

David did you want my old hood?

Jrome We still on for the 27th at 8pm ?