San antonio

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
jrome08;1515566 said:
wat kind of good did u get and where???

i was just asking suprapowerz2 his opinion and letting him know that im not looking for a perfect paint job. I havnt got ant paint yet. Im looking at the paint in the link.

s.a. supra i dont want your hood
i will just paint mine some day

27th at 8pm where?

i know miguel mentioned the burger joint off 35 and my friend went there last week and liked it. IDK what parking is like

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
27th 8pm At Chachos.

Your talking about biffs off of 35 and topperwine I know i spelled it wrong. It's behind the whataburger. They hang out on Fridays, But I work on Fridays. I hear its a good time, all kinds of cars.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
san supra;1515523 said:
hey suprapowaz2 if you come over thursday do you think you can bring the buffer and you buffing compound?
i would like to show my supra some love

what about this kind of paint?
http://www.paintforcars.com/aep_candyredmetallic.html

i heard that the paint they used to paint cars back in the day with is now a lot better and cheap for a "good" paint job. I think horsepower tv said it was enamel or acrylic or something that is one stage and can be buffed to awesomeness.

It's a single stage acrylic enamal. I should make for a good paint job. Just lay it on like you would clear coat. Wetsanding and buffing it out... I'd have to check on that. Being that it's metallic it could mess up when you attempt to cut and buff that. Solid colors no prob. I'll let you know.

Sure, I'll bring the buffer and compound. We'll see what it can do.

Any luck with that steering coupler? Have you gotten it off yet?

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
ya from wat it looks nothing is in my way haha where is that restaurant located??
what kind of hood did u get man and from where??

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1515745 said:
It's a single stage acrylic enamal. I should make for a good paint job. Just lay it on like you would clear coat. Wetsanding and buffing it out... I'd have to check on that. Being that it's metallic it could mess up when you attempt to cut and buff that. Solid colors no prob. I'll let you know.

Sure, I'll bring the buffer and compound. We'll see what it can do.

Any luck with that steering coupler? Have you gotten it off yet?

yeah it didnt come off easy but i got the bolt out too. I dont have to get metallic i just clicked on it, i would rather have it close to stock

can you swing by around 9? or whenever

my truck died on me today and i missed school so i want my supra back asap

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1515835 said:
ya from wat it looks nothing is in my way haha where is that restaurant located??
what kind of hood did u get man and from where??

410 and Perrin Beitel.

Just a regular red hood just in better condition then my old one. Instead of painting it i'm just gonna replace the hood and the drivers side head light cover. Thay should hold off the paint job for a year or two.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Post pics of your car once you buff it.

Rufus, where would someone get the supplies to buff a car from? 3m rubbing compound and buffing pads.

Last edited:

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1517474 said:

i have no way of getting a good pic other than a cell pic that will probably suck.

last night went to biffs and hit up some rx7 guys for 550cc injectors and during our conversation i was offered a ride, about 30sec later we were hitting 150 on the highway and we got there fast! (shit my pants cuz i didnt need him to go that fast)

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
they said they should have some laying around. One guy said they have purple ones and thats what i want but idk.
I will read up on it.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
I cannot remeber which ones you'll need. I remember looking into this years ago. The reason why I didn't go this route was because I would have had to find three donor cars to get six of them. 14 years ago it was very hard to find FC turbo II's that were junked. They had to be a certain year to get the low impedance ones too.
BTW, how far along are you on buttoning the car back up?

A little bit of info.
http://www.tamparacing.com/forums/toyota-tech/109005-supra-550cc-injectors.html
http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=382778&sid=62b67dd5e90ee39974d91c152d0ccaf2
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72368 (you may recognize the author of this thread).
There's alot of good info out there.

I guess depending on your current injectors that would determine which impedance you'd be looking for. So that you don't have to bypass anything to make them work.

Last edited:

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Suprapowaz!(2);1516960 said:

Yeah no kidding I was thinking $75 at the most. Walked out with $110 less in my pocket. That english color was like 1/4 mile from my sisters house where my car is. It worked out good.
san supra;1517568 said:
i have no way of getting a good pic other than a cell pic that will probably suck.

last night went to biffs and hit up some rx7 guys for 550cc injectors and during our conversation i was offered a ride, about 30sec later we were hitting 150 on the highway and we got there fast! (shit my pants cuz i didn't need him to go that fast)

Wow thats fast. The fastest I've got was 130 in my white car then I chickened out and let off. You must of been shitting bricks.