San antonio

moonpie33

Jun 23, 2008
castroville
san supra;1402620 said:
Next meet we will shoot for no rain and more (beer) supras! Hopefully mine will be included.

cool day and a bbq in the park sounds like it would hit the spot. cons. no beer

tubing on a warm day down the comal. cons. you have to get out of the river sometime :biglaugh:

SA Supra buy a whole head gasket set, im now having to buy it because im missing some little crap that you cant get individually. live and learn

isint this the dec 19 meet :) which is at the park in castroville
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104600

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
san supra;1402620 said:
Next meet we will shoot for no rain and more (beer) supras! Hopefully mine will be included.

tubing on a warm day down the comal. cons. you have to get out of the river sometime :biglaugh:

SA Supra buy a whole head gasket set, im now having to buy it because im missing some little crap that you cant get individually. live and learn

Yeah sorry i had to cut out so early. You know how that goes. I'm down for what ever. I'll stay longer next time. I had a good time it was nice to sit and talk about sup's with you guys.

Roger on that gasket set.

Taco

7m powered
Jun 2, 2009
san antonio
san supra;1402620 said:

at least your not a dumbass like me who gets his left and rights mixed up when taking the bolts off his exaust manifold.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Does anyone have a cps that they know is good that I can borrow for a couple of hours? I think mine is no good, but i dont want to spend $350 just to find out thats not the problem.

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
Hey sa supra or anyone else that may know it completely slipped my mind but i had loosened the throttle body a while back to install the csi and the gasket had a small piece missing form it. Could that be my long start and rpm instability problem????

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1404631 said:
Hey sa supra or anyone else that may know it completely slipped my mind but i had loosened the throttle body a while back to install the csi and the gasket had a small piece missing form it. Could that be my long start and rpm instability problem????

That's probably not why you have that hard start. At least I don't think. But that will give you a idle problem for sure. It happen to me once. My car would idle real low and some times stall. I got lucky one day when i was messing with something totally different, and by chance had my ear close to the tb and heard the hiss. Went to toyota a bought the $3 gasket slapped it on and no more idle problem.

Why did you remove the tb to get to the csi? The csi is under the upper intake manifold.

san supra

May 21, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1404616 said:
Does anyone have a cps that they know is good that I can borrow for a couple of hours? I think mine is no good, but i dont want to spend $350 just to find out thats not the problem.

cps?coolant pressure sensor? im sure i have one if its for the 7m.

Last edited:

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
S.A. supra;1405002 said:
That's probably not why you have that hard start. At least I don't think. But that will give you a idle problem for sure. It happen to me once. My car would idle real low and some times stall. I got lucky one day when i was messing with something totally different, and by chance had my ear close to the tb and heard the hiss. Went to toyota a bought the $3 gasket slapped it on and no more idle problem.

Why did you remove the tb to get to the csi? The csi is under the upper intake manifold.

ah ok man well atleast it will help somethin hahaha i removed it to release the little plug that its has i couldnt get it form the other side i couldnt get my hands in there but oh well i discovered something hahah it was no biggie though just like an extra 10 mins

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
jrome08;1405292 said:
ah ok man well atleast it will help somethin hahaha i removed it to release the little plug that its has i couldnt get it form the other side i couldnt get my hands in there but oh well i discovered something hahah it was no biggie though just like an extra 10 mins

Oh. Yeah it can't hurt buy it slap it on. If nothing changes you'll only be out $3. But it helped me.

Oh yeah and thanks san supra.

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
were any of you guys driving by 1604 and northwoods area(where the movie theater is at) around 9pm? i saw a red mk3 there when i was crossing the intersection. i was in my girls car, a 90s bimmer and i saw the mk3 at the red light so i almost leaned out the window to get a good look.

83suprapower

Aug 30, 2007
san antonio,tx
hey guys just moved to San Antonio to go to UTSA. I have an Blue 87 Turbo Targa 5 speed Supra. Just got it legal and doing some tuning buts its an everyday driver now. So yeah let me know if anyone ever wants to organize a meet :)

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
S.A. supra;1404616 said:

I have a CPS you can try out to see if that's your problem. I'm off Tue, Wed & Thurs. If you wanna swing by we can put it on and run it.
If that's the problem why not buy one from someone parting out there Supra in the classified section?

Does your car run good enough to make it here, or did you need me to meet you somewhere?

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
83suprapower;1408168 said:
hey guys just moved to San Antonio to go to UTSA. I have an Blue 87 Turbo Targa 5 speed Supra. Just got it legal and doing some tuning buts its an everyday driver now. So yeah let me know if anyone ever wants to organize a meet :)

We are hoping to get together again in the beginning of Oct. first are second week. your welcome to come hang out.

Suprapowaz!(2);1408183 said:
I have a CPS you can try out to see if that's your problem. I'm off Tue, Wed & Thurs. If you wanna swing by we can put it on and run it.
If that's the problem why not buy one from someone parting out there Supra in the classified section?

Does your car run good enough to make it here, or did you need me to meet you somewhere?

I appreciate the offer. old san supra is gonna hook me up with one. I just want to make sure thats the problem. before i get one. I'll probably buy a used one from the sale section. since i don't plan on keeping the 7m. no reason to buy a new one. I hope to sell my 90 1jzgte to do a 2jzgte swap on the 89. well thats the plan at least. thanks again for the offer.

Hey anyone care to pick a date for the next get together. One last one before austin.

jrome08

Aug 22, 2009
san antonio
hey guys any of you drive a white automatic N/A supra with burgundy interior probably an 86 1/2 or 87 and goes to UTSA i saw one there on tuesday ???

Last edited: