San antonio

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
No, I haven't seen it but he goes by the name "No Mercy". He post here on the San Antonio forums. His last post was a few pages back. Look on page 268, or 269. Looks like he's given up so soon. He claims to be a Mustang fan, so maybe he went back to his Ford roots.

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well the 2-3 days has come and gone. But i did get the engine back in...thanx for the help Rufus. I repaired a stripped exhaust stud, installed a flexible dipstick, installed valve cover bolts, installed new rear main seal, replaced the oil pan gasket (used Toyota FIPG), new CPS o-ring gasket, new ARP flywheel bolts, new/used flywheel due to finding a W58 light weight on an R154 (thanx Rufus), finished splitting the wire harness (need to re-wrap), found three cracked hoses and repaired and just found out i need a new clutch master cylinder. Soooo what have you guys done to yo hoopties this past week?

justbeinfrank

Jul 6, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
Installed the clutch got the car running. trying to track down a vacuum leak. Have a huge oil leak I think from the turbo and coolant is leaking some where still need to track that down. Do nothing really besides find more problems. I am looking for a place to get some pipe from locally I want top experiment and try make a hard pipe kit my buddy had a bender and welder so we can play around with a few configurations.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Car is back together. The experiment on splitting the harness is done. Hopefully i wont be in the market lookingfor another one...lol. Will be trying to start it Thursday afternoon July 19th at 12:37:42.

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
As much as I hate to do it, circumstances are forcing me to sell my Supra... My daily driver somehow bent most if not all the valves, 0 compression in all 4 cylinders... And the Supra just is not reliable/economical enough at this moment, even if after I put the head back on. I posted the Supra on CL, asking $1000, already have the head machined by Clay's Machine Shop, have a complete top end gasket set plus I bought a Toyota Factory HG, also have a new set of ARP Head Studs. I'll try to see if I can get the head back on this weekend, if I do, of course, the price will come up somewhat. Wish I didnt have to do this, but that's life :/

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
How da hell did the valves bend?!?! Did someone mess up the timing or something?! Sorry life has put your feet to the fire and force the sell of your Supra. Hopefully something will come up and allow you to keep your Supra.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
7mgte's are non-interference motors. You cannot bend the valves if timing jumps, or the belt burst.

Ok, ok. I see... all 4 cylinders. This wasn't the Supra. What kind of car was it that messed up on you?

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
I'll update: I'm done with the body work and will be getting the car painted hopefully sometime this week. After that ill be putting in a few interior pieces i got made to go with the leather seats. Ill upload some pics of what she looks like as of now in a bit.

Last edited:

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
No more vinyl top, a whole bunch of glue, but thank god no rust :icon_razz
IMAG0003.jpg
Wingless
IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg
Test fitting the new wing :naughty:
IMAG0031.jpg

IMAG0032.jpg
Finally fixed the damage my ex did when trying to park it without permission :3d_frown:
IMAG0035.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0033.jpg
    IMAG0033.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 5

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Looking good. BTW, did you buy the car with the vinyl top already on or was that something you did? I've always wanted to know.

Mike, yeah it's gotten really slow in here. My car is down waiting for a fitting so I can put this AFPR on. No biggie though cause I slowed down on driving it. I don't want to put too many street miles on the drag radials. Did you ever figure out your idle issue.

1988ma70supra

Oct 2, 2007
Suprapowaz!(2);1860095 said:
Looking good. BTW, did you buy the car with the vinyl top already on or was that something you did? I've always wanted to know.

I bought the car with the vinyl on. I never cared much for it and kept it on this long since I had never seen another Mk3 with one and the previous owner,who bought the car new, told me he had paid extra to get it with the soft top from Toyota. Not sure if it was true or not but either way I'm glad its off.