San antonio

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States
Suprapowaz!(2);1850658 said:
Which shop, what's all being done to it?

Welp, my car started dripping what appeared to be oil a few days ago. I reached down and swiped it with my finger. I was too clean to be oil, but had the consistancy of it. I thought I was a half quart low, but I really can't tell with my shitty broken dipstick. This morning I left for work and as soon as I turned the car the PS pump was whining. It turned out to be power steering fluid. I topped it off and headed for work. It's a slow leak, and I'll have to find out where it's coming from. I'm hoping it's not the rack. Well see. I'm going to give my car an oil change hopefully this weekend and I'll see where the PS fluid leak is coming from while I'm under there.
I do have a valve cover leak at the back of the head though. Nothing major, but I'll get around to it all soon enough.

My car leaks from the High Pressure Hose that goes from the pump to the rack, from what I've read, they are prone to failure after 20 some odd years lol, DM sells a stainless replacement

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
Just a couple of ground wires some fuel and hope it starts when I turn the key...........Wednesday will be the big day! Big failure or big success.

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
I'm pretty sure I forgot something. I have a horrible memory. Yeah it's still in Buda.

How much movement should the clutch fork have when pumping the clutch? Mine had about a 1/4 of a inch.... does that sound about right?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Has anyone seen a reverse polarity battery?! I tried charging my bro-n-laws with my trickle charger and it will only register a charge cycle if i reverse the pos/neg leads. That's a first for me. My friend Google Search says its possible and proven that it happens.

Btw......good luck on the start up Mike on the 2jz swap. Take videos or it didnt happen!!

justbeinfrank

Jul 6, 2011
San Antonio, Texas
no I didn't bust my pp. As for my pressure plate yes it's cracked. Just put a motor in january new stock clutch. Soon after clutch was slipping bad when I inspected I realized the washers which hold on thrust bearing where wrong. About to bolt everything up and get this thing finally moving.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

S.A. supra

Feb 15, 2009
Buda, Texas
No not really. I got a list of things to do from vrank. He knows his shit. So next week. What might of complicated things is my battery reversed its polarity so when I hooked it up it blew a couple of fuses I have to check the rest of them to make sure the fuses and relays are still good. I'm gonna try for a couple of week. If I can get it going I'm gonna pay vrank to come in and track it down.

On a side note he is selling one of his cressidas 1jzgte r 154 with a holset and no a/c. It hauls balls. Anyone interested?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Well i decided to get off my lazy azz and put my car back together. I'm going to try and have it back together in two days. Passing on painting the engine bay. Got a few more connections to make to complete the wire harness cold side hot side split. Gettin the bug again to mess with my car.

Oh....does it hurt the car any if i run it with a crack manifold?

p1853698_1.jpg

Also installed a lokar flexible dipstick today.

p1853698_2.jpg

p1853698_3.jpg

whitehat89

Jul 10, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, United States

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
Darrell, I saw that you called yesterday. I didn't get back in last night unil 11pm. I didn't want to call you back that late. I have an exhaust manifold that you can have. I'll call you later. Are you planning on dropping in the engine soon?

satx88supra

Aug 16, 2009
San Antonio
Suprapowaz!(2);1853771 said:
Darrell, I saw that you called yesterday. I didn't get back in last night unil 11pm. I didn't want to call you back that late. I have an exhaust manifold that you can have. I'll call you later. Are you planning on dropping in the engine soon?

No problem, that's what I was calling about to see if you had an extra manifold. I'm gonna try and put her back together in 2-3days. I got tierd of her just sitting there knowing she could run and she's not because of me wanting to paint the engine bay.