SAFC2 Install with fcon.. where do i put the safc

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
So i was wondering, where in the wiring would i put the safc? On the stock afm wire or on the fcon map sensor like it says here http://www.apexi-usa.com/pdfWiring/15.pdf (very bottom of page)?

If i was to put it on the stock afm wire closest to the engine that would be fine n dandy for fixing my wot bore washing issues but for the signal going back to the fcon - stock ecu would that be lowered also?

hmmm.. i'll try saying this another way LOL

With my current setup i run stupidly rich at wot so i need something to clean up the open loop at the top

So how would i install it?

Currently ----- stock ecu > fcon > engine
If i put it stock ecu > fcon > safc > engine that would fix the top end stuff by minusing fuel, would it carry the same minus'd fuel back to the ecu?

Reason i ask is i am very borderline on fuel cut

I need to check and see where the fcd is installed as i can't remember... I think it's....
stock ecu > fcon > fcd > engine (but i hope not coz it needs to be at the ecu right? Like....) stock ecu > fcd > fcon > engine?
It's also an odd fcd, it's still type k but it's not the old steel one and it's not the new one with the dial, it's just a plain hks type k plastic fcd.

I should go chase my fcd tomorrow huh lol

suprra_girl

7M POWAH! ;)
Mar 30, 2005
Auckland, New Zealand
www.supra.co.nz
I was also thinking about adding a lexus afm body but wouldn't this lean me out all the way across the board? Would the stock ecu & fcon be able to compensate nicely for this and drive normally in closed loop but fix my 10.1 fuel issues at wot?

A number of years ago i had a lexus body and i filled the extra chamber so it was shut (i know i know lol... i've done and learnt alot of things since hehe) So basically i was only using the main chamber. I did not install 550's and my idle was constantly hunting. Will i get this again? Basically i need to have it tuned and running smooth by this weekend so i'm looking at these two options.

Will the lexus be a quikkie fix?