safc hi and lo throttle setting

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
the open bov and safc have nothing to do with a car not revving past 3000rpm.
you're on the wrong track. Set the s-afc to 0, install a stock bov if you want to, but not revving past 3k is mostly due to a big boost leak (check the lower IC piping) or a timing issue.

And YES you CAN run a BOV venting to atmosphere, but it's more than possible that the car will stumble when that happens.
You're dumping measured oxygen into something else than your engine and your ECU doesn't know about that so it will inject more fuel then needed.

thevork;1897497 said:
the open bov and safc have nothing to do with a car not revving past 3000rpm.
you're on the wrong track. Set the s-afc to 0, install a stock bov if you want to, but not revving past 3k is mostly due to a big boost leak (check the lower IC piping) or a timing issue.

And YES you CAN run a BOV venting to atmosphere, but it's more than possible that the car will stumble when that happens.
You're dumping measured oxygen into something else than your engine and your ECU doesn't know about that so it will inject more fuel then needed.

What about Compressor Surge!?

My External wastegate had a chunk of Exhaust gasket stuck in the spring, that popped with a backfire and sent a chunk directly into the wastegate. Due to it running so rich the back firing was awful. I pumped the wastegate spring after uninstalling it, shook it out and got it to open and close safely again! Whew. What a project. Now I have NO compressor surge, and the BOV functions very operable, but the BOV blows air into the atmosphere, tripping the computer to register air loss! lame. I gotta find a way to plumb it back into the intake,

Zrain25

Sep 30, 2012
Pelham,New Hampshire
My supra would die if I went past 2500 rpms and let off it would die... Unless I let off and feather the gas a little. The previous owner put greddy bov and dumped it to atmosphere. Car ran like crap. I vented back to the intake. No more stalling runs great. It doesn't sound as cool but I would have a good running engine over a bov sound

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
I have the same problem with mine. I let off throttle or go into neutral and it does out unless I feather the throttle or let rpm drop in gear before going to neutral. I have put the stock air bypass back on(hks ssqv cracked) and it still has the same issue. Is there any way to use the safcII to rid this problem? I plan on going with a tial open atmosphere or another ssqv that's re routed.

B shaw

Jan 9, 2013
Tx
I tried the low/hi setting suggested of 68/69 and it brings fuel cut back at 15.7 psi, but the car runs slightly better. I reverted back to previous settings of 10/50 with original fuel tuning and it holds 18-19 psi depending on throttle %. Is this typical? No matter what I changed fuel settings to on my safcII I'd did nothing to prevent fuel cut before 3K rpm. I am taking it to be professionally tuned at tuning concepts in Austin, I'm just wanting to learn for my own benefit and to possibly do further tuning with future upgrades. Any advice or knowledge is greatly appreciated. I can provide a list of modifications if needed.

cal

Jan 22, 2011
indianapolis
So i dont mean to sound so dumb but im very new to turbocharged engines! plz explain u can change ur % from 1k to 9k so where does the 69/70 come in? i dont get it

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
It's not related to RPM. It's related to how far you push the pedal in.
Push your gas pedal in half way, that will be 50% throttle.

Why not related to RPM? Simple: For instance, you can floor the pedal (100%) in 5th gear and be at only 2500 rpm, but in 3rd gear at the same speed your RPM's would be much higher.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
I hate to be a typical SM jerk but there is a user manual online, just search google. There are only a few menus to pick from so even without a manual you really should be able to find it quite easy. If you don't know what you are doing to it adjustment wise I would go to a shop and have them tune it for you.

onemancrew

Feb 7, 2012
Sydney
cal;1918025 said:
Anybody? I really need help with this plz!

If you don't understand how it works, I really don't think its a good idea to be messing with it. You can do major damage to your engine... Its not a toy.

cal

Jan 22, 2011
indianapolis
I do understand its not a toy but i would like to learn more about it rather than always have someone do it for me. I found some things online im gonna try my luck with that. I believe that with watching my gauges and some help i could get it.