Ryans ma70 supra

Doat

Feb 6, 2012
Houston, TX
Is that a Flepro gasket kit? Looks like the same one I have except yours is packaged much better than mine lol. Are you going to be using that gasket? Felpro say it's as good as OEM.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Doat;1854595 said:
Is that a Flepro gasket kit? Looks like the same one I have except yours is packaged much better than mine lol. Are you going to be using that gasket? Felpro say it's as good as OEM.

Yeah man, I'm not sure of what I will be using out of the kit yet, It was mainly so I could get the cam cover seals as I was unable to buy them separate for when I painted up the covers.
It's always good to have them for the future though!

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Supra28;1854675 said:
Your new camera really shows the cleanliness of your car as not been seen by the iPhone haha. And I agree that the front end shot looks great.

Cheers, the iphone is good quick and easy to use to get updates but now I am unsure why I used it in the first place.

Anyway I got my headers into the HPC Coaters, the will be black. I have changed up things with the exhaust now I will be going straight through 2 1/2 inch with a rear muffler and out the rear you will just see the 2 1/2 inch pipe.
Any thoughts? Is this an okay set up for a N/A? now is the time to get it correct

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Today I received my hand break boot, again it is made out of our own 100% leather hide it turned out super nice, its the same material as the shifter boot I had made by my fathers mate.

Will get a photo of it tomorrow with the shifter boot,

p1855033_1.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
decided to buy a new head unit for the supra, one with a little more power and one which I could wire up correctly. The one the previouse owner put it wasn't very good at all so I got this sorted the other day,

Old

p1856971_1.jpg

New, 50W. Sounds amazing plus I am only running front speakers, I may upgrade them next but will wait until I see how loud my exhaust is which will be getting made up as soon as I get the headers back from HPC coating.

p1856971_2.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
xCxHxRxIxSx;1858413 said:
Hey man, looking good.

Not sure if your still looking for exhaust parts but check out George from Raptor Racing's sale on non turbo exhaust systems.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/sh...6-2.5%94-Non-turbo-catback-HKS-BOV-SPEC-Discs

I have one of his mufflers on my mk3 turbo and it sounds incredible, he's great guy to deal with and I highly recommend anything he has to offer.

Hey man thanks for the link and comment! I've just picked up my car man check it out, sorry I didn't see this until now

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
very nice car, and good quality work man. I was as sleepy as hell but your thread kept me awake. :)

p.s. you gotta post a vid up of the sound!

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Mikael_7m;1858668 said:
very nice car, and good quality work man. I was as sleepy as hell but your thread kept me awake. :)

p.s. you gotta post a vid up of the sound!

Thanks man, I will try do that this evening!

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
I haven't had the chance to get a sound clip yet but it is on my list of things to do.

My fourth shock from Bilstein should arrive in the country this week coming, the springs are not captive so will be getting all four shortened by way of insert, no cutting/grooving involved.
The car is running very well and has been super reliable coming up to 180,000kms on the clock.

Upcoming plans, get the suspension and brakes installed, track down a rear strut brace, refurbished air intake manifold, install the new cam covers, remove AC condenser and piping, find some wheels - I have been thinking about a set of 17x9 +35 Enkei RPF1 and work out something with induction piping/pod filter.

I have been thinking about stripping the boot area so everything is exposed, replace the tail light gaskets and give the boot area a good general clean.
Will hopefully have updates in the coming weeks.

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
My last shock arrived today, tomorrow I am getting them all shortened to be captive on the lowest setting should be sitting 60mm lower all round front standard height.
More to come...

p1862433_1.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
Today I had my shocks shortened, now all four springs are captive with bump stops and ready too be installed hopefully this weekend

p1862663_1.jpg

ryansmith

Mar 25, 2012
New Zealand
This weekend went great, I installed the struts and new sway bars with help from my father and here is the result, I'm thinking the rear will go down a little bit more once I get the rear sway bar in as it didn't come with the drop links nor mounts but I have ordered them in.

I also stripped out the boot area to leave everything exposed I quite like it so I will keep all the plastics out for now until I sort out a rear strut brace and fix my rear light gaskets.

p1863458_1.jpg

p1863458_2.jpg

p1863458_3.jpg

Last edited: