Running Out Of Oil and Gas?

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
:yikes:about all this crap with running out of fossil fuels and oil what do u guys think? And what about 2012? U think the world is gonna end. Sorry about this thread but im 16 and curious

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Oil and gas is fine.

Nothing is going to happen in 2012. People are up in arms about it because the Mayan calendar ends. It's the end of whatever age we're in and the beginning of the Age of Aquarius or something. The calendar just starts over.

The end of the world scenario I'm worried about is financial collapse of the United States. Poke around the Politics forum here, you'll learn some things.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
supralover2;1760776 said:
: Sorry about this thread but im 16 and curious

The world IS going to end. Go out and get as much poon as you can. Post pics only if they're 18yrs old and older. Good luck and report back with your progress.

damicorb

Sep 19, 2011
Columbus
Suprapowaz!(2);1760834 said:
The world IS going to end. Go out and get as much poon as you can. Post pics only if they're 18yrs old and older. Good luck and report back with your progress.

Thats what my dad told me when I turned 14.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
according to mayan beliefs along with some other native americans we are living currently in the fourth world. so to them the world has already ended 3 times...... so i think were still good lol but makes a perfect excuse to do wat suprapowaz said

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

as for fossil fuels man just dig up some more dinosaurs there were millions of them

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
"Peak Oil" is more about demand outstripping production than it is about us running out. We still don't know exactly where oil comes from either...

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
trucker;1760860 said:
There is more oil than we can use for a very long time. And if that fails, there is even more natural gas, coal and shale oil.
I work on the supply side of things in this industry, and I can say, judging by how busy we are, we won't see the bottom of the wells any time soon...

Poodles;1761016 said:
"Peak Oil" is more about demand outstripping production than it is about us running out. We still don't know exactly where oil comes from either...

This is true though... demand is already fairly high, despite the price (price BECAUSE of the demand, really), and it'll only increase as more demand comes from countries like China and India.

As for the world ending in 2012, I'll bet my Supra that it doesn't. Hell, I'd bet my Supra AND a cookie. ;)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I'll accept that fruit thin, and call for a show of hands at the end of next year. :)

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
Idk but... Due to the constriction of the inferior alveolar nerve as it passes through the mandible foramen on its way to the tongue, there is only a limited combination of sounds that a human being can make, For example, it is physically impossible to pronounce the words "eye", "laws", "dug" and "aim" in sequence.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
I am in Fort McMurray Alberta right now. The site Im on is pumping out 3 million barrels a day, in 2 years it will produce 8 million a day. Theres another site this size 2 miles down the road, both ways. And there are 1000's of service roads in this town that have hundreds of site much larger than this one sucking oil from the ground. Dont worry about oil we are going to be ok

Dani87x

OATHKEEPER III%
Oct 11, 2009
Miami FL
I don't see gas prices getting cheaper any time soon. The simple fact being when we see prices go up a few cents to a dollar we fluster in anger at the price. Right when you get used to it being at a certain price the "price drops" those few cents to a dollar and that's when you begin to think its "cheaper" when it really isn't, then the price raises again to not only the price it was previously but another few cents more. Not to mention the fact that it is being designed to sieve out the middle class by having to pay; not only for higher priced oil, but food prices as the shelves empty out. So no. Prices won't drop. Oil is virtually an unlimited supply.

supralover2

Jul 3, 2011
Lafayette,IN
Dani87x;1762076 said:
I don't see gas prices getting cheaper any time soon. The simple fact being when we see prices go up a few cents to a dollar we fluster in anger at the price. Right when you get used to it being at a certain price the "price drops" those few cents to a dollar and that's when you begin to think its "cheaper" when it really isn't, then the price raises again to not only the price it was previously but another few cents more. Not to mention the fact that it is being designed to sieve out the middle class by having to pay; not only for higher priced oil, but food prices as the shelves empty out. So no. Prices won't drop. Oil is virtually an unlimited supply.

If oil and gas are unlimited why is the prices rising? Is it because we are in a war with oil in Iraq etc...