Rudely awakened this morning

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
This morning I got a phone call that yanked me out of dreamland. My mistake for having my cell next to my bed. I look at the number and recognized it as a place I used to work at. My old boss from Sears was wondering if I was still looking for a job. Apparently one of the mechanics found another job and quit. I asked what he was offering. So far this is what he was offering. A higher tech level and paid grade plus commission, 30 hours a week plus benefits. I thought about for a minute then told him to do the paperwork and call me back when he needs me to sign the paperwork.

Looks like I have a job and I was enjoying my vacation.

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
Lol, well would you still like some congrats? Or pity? I have some pity as well if it is needed.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Damn weather terrorists! Trade you terrorists. I got Al-Acorn terrorist squirrels that blow themselves up on the transformers and take the power out for blocks and it takes hours for the power company to fix things.

I quit Sears because there was no way I could advance without someone I consider a friend either quitting or losing their job. I'm glad to have a job now but I don't like what it took for me to get the job.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
labrat469;1204065 said:
This morning I got a phone call that yanked me out of dreamland. My mistake for having my cell next to my bed. I look at the number and recognized it as a place I used to work at. My old boss from Sears was wondering if I was still looking for a job. Apparently one of the mechanics found another job and quit. I asked what he was offering. So far this is what he was offering. A higher tech level and paid grade plus commission, 30 hours a week plus benefits. I thought about for a minute then told him to do the paperwork and call me back when he needs me to sign the paperwork.

Looks like I have a job and I was enjoying my vacation.

In this economy, consider yourself very lucky.

Congrats, there are several million Americans who would be really happy to have that to complain about right now. :nono:

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
Note: when reading this thread add 1 part sarcasm, 1 part irony, 1 part tired of our failed government, 3 parts disillusionment, and 1 part humor.

Don't get me wrong I'm glad I have a job in this economy. But I wanted to be one of those lazy muthafucka's who get to sit on their asses and collect checks for once. Hell I haven't even recieved my first unemployment check. And I got laid off before Thanksgiving. LOL. My plan was to sit back and collect 16 weeks of unemployment for the 20 plus years that I have busted my ass to support those who will not work. I was going to use the system for what it is worth. That's my problem. Nothing ever goes as I planned.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
If you were having the same dream I was.... LOL

I told him to get the paperwork ready and I would come in and sign it. I took the job. I'm mentally unbalanced not stupid.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
congrats on the job. Sitting at home for sixteen weeks would only make you a lazy bastard and then you wouldn't be able to go to work when you found a job. You have to have a purpose in life or a reason to get out of bed, or you just feel useless. I work for myself, so I have to be self motivated. I don't have anyone to tell me what time to get to work, or when I can leave, so I have to make myself work. It's easy to lay around the house or type on the computer all day, but it doesn't buy Christmas presents for the family. Good luck with your new / old job.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
labrat469;1204176 said:
My plan was to sit back and collect 16 weeks of unemployment for the 20 plus years that I have busted my ass to support those who will not work. I was going to use the system for what it is worth. That's my problem. Nothing ever goes as I planned.

lol

You've paid into it... you don't qualify. :icon_bigg

I knew when I read it what you meant.

labrat469

Aug 1, 2007
Alabama
I qualify for UE but they are so far behind it's not funny. I'm hoping that they will pay me back pay after I start working again. I applied the 16th of last month and still haven't seen a single check. This shit just ain't fair.....

JASONA70

nomnomnom
Oct 27, 2006
socal
I wish I could get all those benefits.. in fact I even get paid at all. Interning sucks. GL with the job! hopefully a raise within a couple of months.. :icon_bigg

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
savannahashlee;1204067 said:
dont bitch...there are tons of people in this country that lost their jobs and cant find another..

truth!!!!!

i have been looking for a job for months and months and haven't gotten anywhere. same thing with my ex/hubby. we have two kids that rely on us but right now family is supporting us because there are no damn people hiring here.

don't complain!