Orlando
www.tampabaysupras.com
RIDE OF THE MONTH

ENCORE TOUR!

JUNE​

AND THE WINNER IS..........

STEVE T. -AKA- TIRE SHREDDER

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MY TAKE: Wow. Two months in a row and we have a MK2 winning! I have to say that going into this I wasnt sure it was possible. But with his application and pictures of his GORGEOUS MK2, Steve was NOT going to be denied! I think its amazing how clean your car is inside and out and was glad to PERSONALLY vote for it this month. Enjoy the honor of being ROTM June. You definitely deserve it.

Name: Steve Trepanier
SM User Name: Tire Shredder
Car Description: A relatively stock and clean mk2 supra. I’ve tried to improve on areas of the car that are lacking from the factory and leaving everything that works/looks good, without ruining the character of the car. The mk2 supra is pretty good at everything, but perfect at nothing, so I intend to improve it in all areas, without going too extreme.

Year/Color/Model: 1984/Black/Celica Supra P-type

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Engine: 5M-GE stock internally with basic and thorough maintenance. Refinished valvecovers and aesthetically restored parts.

Induction: Rabidchimp.com mandrel bent

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Electronics: stock, viper alarm and custom remote trunk release

Fuel: stock

Exhaust: doug thorley headers, magnaflow 2.5” hi-flow cat, 2.5” stainless steel mandrel bent Brullen exhaust with dual 3” tips

Suspension: Suspension techniques 1.3” lowering springs, 1” rear spacer, Bilstein struts (front), KYB gas-a-just shocks (rear), Jim King Roll center adjusters, Energy suspension swaybar endlinks

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Brakes: fully rebuilt Cressida front brake/hub assembly (12mm larger, 2mm thicker), KVR slotted/plated rotors, KVR brake pads, techanfit stainless steel braided lines, restored parking brake assembly.

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Interior: stock and cleaned, restored driver seat, homemade shift boot and arm rest, grant steering wheel.

Sound: Kaption audio 2.5” two way (front), 5.25 two way (rear), Alpine CDA-9830 motorized face headunit, Phoenix gold two channel 250watt amp mounted under cargo area, bridged to a JL10w0 subwoofer

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Body: Stock! Repaired hatch, quarters and bumpers (rust) and polished paint. Hand refinished wheels, various trim pieces.

Additional Info: Restored differential

Trophies:
2006 Toronto supra club Best in class mk2
2007 Toronto supra club Best in class mk2

sm_photo_missing.jpg

A Brief bit about your journey in owning your supra AND why you deserve ROTM:

I saw my first supra, an 89+ mk3 when I was 12 (8 years ago) sitting outside a car dealership and fell in love, I new I had to have a supra. I obsessively did more research when I was 13 and decided I liked the mk2 supra even more. I got a job and started saving right away. I couldn’t earn much money when I was that young but I tried my best. When I was 15, I had already purchased suspension upgrades for a car I didn’t own, that I couldn’t drive with the license I didn’t have. When I turned 16 and got my driver’s license, I was ready to purchase my first car, and it had to be a supra. I heard about the Toronto supra club at the Toronto autoshow and met George (raptorracing) and Steve Brecht (51 cards). I was ecstatic to hear there was an actual club that fellow supra owners belonged to and couldn’t believe that George invited me to a meet! I felt so honored! Still unable to drive, my parents drove me to my first TSC meet. George gave me a ride in his 84 mk2 and I could barely contain myself….yes, this was the car for me…it has to be an 84, and it had to be black. while there, I met DJ who had purchased a black 84 that I had called about weeks prior (but he beat me to it). Several weeks later he called me and asked if I wanted to purchase the car….and I did!

A little rough around the edges, but a solid base, the car seemed perfect. Within four hours of owning the car, I put it into an undriveable state. I had the interior out and various engine parts torn apart for cleaning and painting. I spent over 80 hours the first winter refinishing the original wheels.

I guess you could say the rest is history! I’m 20 now and still own the car, and intend to for the rest of my life. I haven’t stopped working on it since I bought it, and it looks a lot different from the day I picked it up. I’ve been blessed to find such an awesome supra community and club that is so supportive. I’ve met a lot of great friends along the way too.

THIS MONTHS ROTM HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU GRACIOUSLY BY:

STEVE WILL BE RECEIVING SOMETHING SPECIAL FROM RAPTOR RACING!!

PLEASE VISIT AND SUPPORT RAPTOR RACINGS SITE AND SUPPORT THEM!

Last edited:

SupraRon

Supramania Contributor
Jan 2, 2008
Canada
Steve,

A very well-deserved award.

I've had the luxury of seeing this MKII in person and it is immaculate :aigo:. Heard a bit of the story from DJ, but glad I got to read the rest.

Well done Steve.

Congrats!

Ron

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Idealsupra;1060506 said:
I saw my first supra, an 89+ mk3 when I was 12 (8 years ago) sitting outside a car dealership and fell in love, I new I had to have a supra. I obsessively did more research when I was 13 and decided I liked the mk2 supra even more. I got a job and started saving right away. I couldn’t earn much money when I was that young but I tried my best. When I was 15, I had already purchased suspension upgrades for a car I didn’t own, that I couldn’t drive with the license I didn’t have. When I turned 16 and got my driver’s license, I was ready to purchase my first car, and it had to be a supra. I heard about the Toronto supra club at the Toronto autoshow and met George (raptorracing) and Steve Brecht (51 cards). I was ecstatic to hear there was an actual club that fellow supra owners belonged to and couldn’t believe that George invited me to a meet! I felt so honored! Still unable to drive, my parents drove me to my first TSC meet. George gave me a ride in his 84 mk2 and I could barely contain myself….yes, this was the car for me…it has to be an 84, and it had to be black. while there, I met DJ who had purchased a black 84 that I had called about weeks prior (but he beat me to it). Several weeks later he called me and asked if I wanted to purchase the car….and I did!

A little rough around the edges, but a solid base, the car seemed perfect. Within four hours of owning the car, I put it into an undriveable state. I had the interior out and various engine parts torn apart for cleaning and painting. I spent over 80 hours the first winter refinishing the original wheels.

I guess you could say the rest is history! I’m 20 now and still own the car, and intend to for the rest of my life. I haven’t stopped working on it since I bought it, and it looks a lot different from the day I picked it up. I’ve been blessed to find such an awesome supra community and club that is so supportive. I’ve met a lot of great friends along the way too.

This is one of the best supra stories I've heard.

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
wohooo!!! thanks so much guys! what an awesome honor, it's so great to have support and recognition from the community you belong to....unbelievable!

you've all helped me greatly with my engine build aswell. money is tight right now and I need to place a large order with raptor racing...this is perfect!

so proud right now :D :D :D

guess I didn't need that bribe jamie? haha!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congrats Steve. Your car is absolutely gorgeous. I had an 83 that looked almost identical to it, well except for yours looks a little cleaner............:love:

pparrigo

India Delta OneZero Tango
Feb 12, 2008
WNY
I'm a mk3 guy to the core, but, to paraphrase Red Dwarf, that mk2 is enough to turn a guy's head.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Congratulations on a well deserved win with a very well restored mk2. That kinda thing takes ALOT of hard work and dedication!

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Congrats, and that is one clean MKII. I am wishing that I was like Tanya, and that someone would give me a free MKII :cry:

Tire Shredder

Sep 15, 2005
Oshawa
Tanya;1060845 said:
Congrats Steve!

Black mk2s FO LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

hell yeah! mk2s wear the colour well.

p.s. congrats on your month aswell!

to everyone else: thanks so much for the kind words! it's very encouraging!!!