www.tampabaysupras.com
RIDE OF THE MONTH

ENCORE TOUR!

FEBRUARY​

AND THE WINNER IS..........

JOE H. -AKA- ONEJOEZEE

sm_photo_missing.jpg

MY TAKE:
Joe you have a stunning example of a MK3 here. Personally I like the stock yet modded feel of it. That ranges from the twin turbo kit all the way to recaro interior. Normally I dont like wingless supras, however yours pulls it off flawlessly. I know that you have been in the MK3 game for a long time, and this car is pretty much the epitome of what you wanted. This car deserves the recognition it is getting this month simply because it is the epitome of what EVERY MK3 should be. Im sad to see that you will be selling the car as I believe it belongs only in your hands. Hopefully you will reconsider. In the meantime, congrats man. Enjoy.

Name: Joseph Howell
SM User Name: OneJoeZee
Year/Color/Model: 1992/Black/Supra

Engine: 1JZ-GTE, Koyo Race Radiator

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Induction: Blitz K26/27 Twin Turbo kit, Trust intercooler, Blitz Super-Sound BOV

Electronics:
Mine’s VX-ROM ECU, HKS EVC1 boost controller, Apex SAFC II, Zeitronix Wideband 02 sensor, Defi Link control unit II, Defi BF boost gauge, Prosport EGT gauge, Greddy turbo timer, Sparco pedals,

Fuel: 450cc injectors, JZA80 TT fuel pump

Exhaust: Twin 2.5inch Blitz downpipes, 3inch Blitz midpipe, 3in Apex N1 catback, Twin 38mm Blitz Wastegates

Suspension: Tein HA coilovers

Brakes:
Endless brake pads

Interior: Full factory Twin Turbo R interior, Momo steering wheel, JZA70 tachometer

sm_photo_missing.jpg

Sound: Alpine CD player. That’s it. Stock is good enough for me.

Body: 18inch Advan Model 5 wheels, Shine Auto 2-hole lip. Kevin M. Turn Signal covers, Rear hatch visor, 2.5 Twin Turbo front badge, 2.5 Twin Turbo R rear badge, rear side marker delete mouldings

sm_photo_missing.jpg

A Brief bit about your journey in owning your supra AND why you deserve ROTM:

I’m submitting an application for ROTM as this will be my last month as a Supra owner. So to sum up my year of owning this specific car, I’m taking my final chance enter it into ROTM as I will likely never be able to do so soon. When it comes back out of the body shop, I’ll be selling it. After selling my first Supra, I hadn’t planned on buying another. But I found this Black 92 1JZ car and it was too good to pass up. I bought it as a Christmas gift to myself a year ago. Since then, I installed the turbo kit, electronics, and tasteful exterior mods. This was my attempt to recreate a unique and clean LHD twin turbo R Supra. I finally have the car the way I want it. It looks great, sounds great, has a unique look(inside, outside, and under the hood), and it moves pretty well too.

THIS MONTHS ROTM HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU GRACIOUSLY BY:

JOE WILL HAVE HIS CHOICE OF AN FITTINGS SUPPLIED AND WELDED ONTO VALVE COVERS OR A CUSTOM MADE ALUMINUM CATCH CAN WITH AN FITTINGS!

PLEASE VISIT AND SUPPORT MDC'S SITE AND SUPPORT THEM!

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows

Heh, Congrats. :bowdown: I love this car.

Doh, I stumbled upon your thread just now and wasn't aware you were in another mishap..
Sorry to hear..

Last edited:

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
JustinGotA1j;918400 said:
Congrats! And don't sell your car. You know you'll regret it.

Well, the car is in bad shape right now and it's fate has yet to be determined. It's borderline total loss and I'm negotiating with insurance right now on what to do. Pretty shitty considering I just got the car back not that long ago.

I've been thinking to myself back and forth what to do. I'd like to save it but it's gonna be more work than sourcing some new bumpers and fenders. It may end up sitting in the garage for some time while I find another body to recreate the car. I've been back and forth thinking of different options. Everything from just finding another 92 body, to putting the entire drivetrain in a MKIV, to just parting the whole car out all together and moving on.

Eitherway, I've always wanted to enter it into ROTM at least once after I got the car how I wanted it. Supras are never done but I was pretty damn close to hitting a point where I could just stand back, look at it, and be satisfied.

Thanks to all that voted for my Supra. There were a bunch of other nice cars that entered that were ROTM worthy.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Congrats, Joe. You definitely deserve to win ROTM- it truly is a beautiful car. I hope you can get your situation solved soon- 92 FTW!

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Joe I am sad and happy for you!! Your car has been a favorite of mine since the day you bought it. Best of luck!!

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Congratulations brother. I love everything about your car. Your twins are da bomb and I love the way you've made everything flow together. Your car is awesome and definately deserved to win. I know of two or three beautiful cars that you beat out, and not one of them can say you didn't deserve it. Enjoy it while you can and good luck with the tough decisions ahead of you.

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
What?!!! Selling the car?? No way...Getting out of the MKIII Supra game? Out of all people, didn't think you would ever do that, I mean, from the way your car is, thing is mint....If you really do sell it, hopefully you get another Black MKIII. CONGRATS on ROTM!

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Congrats Joe!!! You have one of the most inspiring examples of a mkiii around here. Sad to hear it got the bad hand with the wreck and I hope it will someday be a part of another flawless supra.