Ridiculous, not rediculous.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I consider myself to be a decent speller and I feel that this is usually apparent in my posts. Today, my girlfriend informed me that I had mispelled ridiculous as rediculous. So yeah.. it is spelled ridiculous, not rediculous...I'm somewhat shocked. Major fail, I had no idea. Was anyone else here unaware of this prior to reading this thread?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Ridiculous, nothing is more ridiculous than ridiculousness! - quote from a guy at work.

Yea it looks like it's just you. Reminds me of a joke. From memory:

There's a guy waiting in line to buy a train ticket. When he gets to the front, he's distracted by how hot the girl is who's selling them. When she asks what she can do for him, he says "can a have a picket to titsburg, er, I mean can I have a ticket to pittsburg." He was embarrassed, and the guy behind him noticed. The guy said "Don't worry about it, everyone makes little slips every now and then. Just last week, when my wife and I were having dinner and I meant to ask her to pass the salt, I accidentally said 'You fucking bitch, you ruined my life!'"

ret

Geekin out
Nov 20, 2006
Lynchburg
www.cardomain.com
I saw this thread thinking it was some new forum game, not noticing the different spellings of ridiculous.

I knew, but I also always would try to spell it rediculous either on my phone or in Chrome with it's auto spell check thing, so I've messed up before. :D I think it's the pronunciation that throws me off, "REEdiculous," not "Rid-iculous." But that's probably from me growing up around these southern dialects. I'm not sure I ever pronounced it like that when I was Amish.

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I've annoyed Ian, I'm in trouble now. Not to say I have never mispelled but this time I was oblivious to the fact that I have been doing so. Whats worse is throughout my entire life I have undoubtedly used "rediculous" many times in papers for school, and no teacher or professor has ever called me out on it.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
313_cartman_monkey.gif
;)