Ridiculous 1000HP 7M Street MK3 Build

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
What pistons are you running? My JE's obviously have shallower valve pockets.

I think with the 2MM gasket it's going to clear but its going to be super close.

I haven't gotten my exact compression ratio yet but It's going to be somewhere just below 9:1 because the 2mm gasket has replaced most but not all material i machined off and the piston has smaller dome volume than stock.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
As far as the piston hitting the exhaust valve on the up stroke...the cam lobe will be 1/2 way off the bucket when approaching TDC so it shouldn't be a problem...the dual valve springs should do their job and close that valve at 9k rpm :D

din904

Oct 25, 2010
Jacksonvile,FL.
I'm running standard cp pistons. I mentioned the exhaust valve clearance because you talked about eventually going with teds high lift cams those monsters will still be open a tdc also it's never to late to fly cut your piston only thing that sucks is you already coated your piston. Hopefully you can reach your goals with that cam or you can always add nitrous lol.

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I miced the clevite rod bearings and they were too loose (.0026"). I ordered new #3 bearings which should land me near .00160". I am just waiting on the bearings and my new toyota bolts before I finish assembling the motor. Mean while i've got all the rods/pistons together and I started working on mounting a crank trigger wheel to my ATI damper. I'm thinking I will use the stock CPS as a home trigger and the 60-2 crank wheel for timing.

j7j4.jpg

vfhg.jpg

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
April is month from down under aparently. Got my bushings from Ronnie K and my oil pump drive shaft retention plate from Andrew (http://technicoracing.com/cs)

Not much else going on. Waiting on toyota orders to come in and for stuff from coating place to come. The motor will come together real quick once I get those parts.

5z1e.jpg

5u2u.jpg

n4am.jpg

7m3l.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2005
Florida
I don't think theres anything really to test because its such a simple design and the quality of and fitment of this piece is better than stock. It uses a koyo bearing and washers. If you compared it to the stock piece you would easily pick this needle thrust bearing version over it. It's got way more surface area by using the bearing and washers which translates to less load/stress on the retainer.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Only thing that comes to mind with useing rollers is they like to roll on harden seats thats all not sure if that will be an issue

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
NegativeGeForce;2002873 said:
custom oil pickup because race car

7ehz.jpg

ys6x.jpg

Why did ya do that ???? and how is the back sub frame bar going to fit if you moved the sump farther back ?????

Mar 30, 2005
Florida
The sump for my Dooley Enterprise oil pan sits 4" further back and it's 1" deeper. The only thing I have to do is notch the subframe slightly to make it all fit. The pan originally came with a pickup tube but mine didn't so I made one.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
Then I guess ya can't run a lower a arm brace I have the jic one on my car it helped more then I though it would

I made a one off one a long time ago but sold it rather simple really

Rollus

Jun 2, 2011
Paris, France
NegativeGeForce;2002873 said:
custom oil pickup because race car
I like it :)
NashMan;2003085 said:
Then I guess ya can't run a lower a arm brace I have the jic one on my car it helped more then I though it would

I made a one off one a long time ago but sold it rather simple really
Any pic please? (your or similar)