Rhd

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Because it's a MASSIVE undertaking for zero gain. It's like the people that want to change their hardtop car into a targa...

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
Poodles;1140146 said:
Because it's a MASSIVE undertaking for zero gain. It's like the people that want to change their hardtop car into a targa...

Poodles has a point. The thing I am getting at though is people like having there own projects, and if they want RHD then so be it, it sure is a lot of work, and the only thing you gain is a pain learning how to drive right hand drive, and remember! You won't be able to see that well the on coming traffic, because our rods are different then the Japan, and everyone else. There is a reason why we have left hand drive. Good luck though if you decided to do this!

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
RPSil13;1140151 said:
has anyone that is posting against ever driven a rhd car, it F*****'in FUN!!! try it sometime

Yes, and if you makes any hint of a difference to your driving experience you're deluded beyond all hope.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
92TealSupra;1140314 said:
Driving RHD feels like your a privileged passenger ^^'

^^^^exactly

its like all those times your sitting in the pass seat and your like man i wish i was driving (like when the gf is driving) now you can, im not saying its the best for dd, but its really cool

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Besides all the RHD is dumb and stupid reasons.

What about the fact that you're moving the steering and brake stuff over to the hot side of the engine bay. There's an advantage to having the steering column and brake master cylinder on the intake side. So you would just end up making more work for yourself and probably run into more problems.

RPSil13

Nov 30, 2006
Anaheim, CA
if its such a bad idea to have the streering, brake mc, etc on the hot side then why does it come like that in japan,
to the OP people have been doing this for years w/ other cars (most commonly 240's), i say go for it since there should be an abundance of parts from people who buy front clips to do jz swaps and just trash the rest of the clip

webbs7mgte

Jun 2, 2008
wisconsin
Ya im not going to do it...thanks to everyone...and also not to sound like a ass but I was just trying to find some sites but everyone has shoot it down...but I will just look for a new LHD

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
RPSil13;1140481 said:
if its such a bad idea to have the streering, brake mc, etc on the hot side then why does it come like that in japan,
to the OP people have been doing this for years w/ other cars (most commonly 240's), i say go for it since there should be an abundance of parts from people who buy front clips to do jz swaps and just trash the rest of the clip

Because they drive on the opposite side of the road and the engine was designed that way.

Skylines are swapped the other way from ours.

Wasn't trying to be mean about shooting it down, it's just a MASSIVE project.

Parts that would need to be swapped (short list)
- Firewall
- steering rack
- subframe
- wiring harness (both behind the dash and engine, mating up to the rest of the body harness would be...interesting)
- Dash
- Mirrors
- Seats
- Door wiring and switches
- center console
- e-brake

There are a lot of other things that will drive you nuts doing such a swap. The structural parts would have to be done perfectly, and the wiring would be the nighmare part of it all IMHO.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Firewall is not the same poodles, you would need to cobble one together from the two that you have. Honestly, I feel it to be a waste of time, and completely not worth it, but to each their own.

92TealSupra

Supramania's Parts Man
Sep 2, 2008
Great Lakes State
foreverpsycotic;1140560 said:
Firewall is not the same poodles, you would need to cobble one together from the two that you have. Honestly, I feel it to be a waste of time, and completely not worth it, but to each their own.

I do agree with you, what are the gains besides self satisfaction, and then you may find out you're not satisfied, ready to go back to LHD?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Firewall is the main hurdle as it would require a lot of cutting and welding...

That's a list of stuff that would NEED to be swapped...at least in my eyes to have it done right. You could skip quite a bit, but it wouldn't be a complete conversion in that case...

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
The only thing I find more humorous than these types of threads (the dream projects that will never come to fruition:nono:), is the fact that it's always the same "negative" reasons. I'm sorry, drive-through, toll booths, passing, left turning, put an end to these cliche.

Use a little common sense, I have bucket seats and 4pt harnesses and I can still lean and reach across the car to pay tolls and pick up unhealthy food. Better yet get an E-Z pass and don't even stop for tolls. Want to make someones day, go through the drive through in reverse, it's hilarious and you will never hear the end of it.

Left turning, how many degrees exactly is you're visibility changed when you're only moving your head 2ft and the mammoth SUV in the opposite turning lane is 25+ ft away. Lean over and you're even closer. I have never even encountered this problem in 3 years of RHD driving so I don't even know how it's being perpetuated. Maybe it's a California thing?

The only one to even be considered a valid argument is passing on a two lane road. Easy solution, stop riding the trucks bumper like an idiot and you will be able to see much further around it, or look around the right side of the vehicle.

I apologize for the rant, but I agree with Poodles here, this is not a project for the typical hack job, shade-tree mechanic. I know first hand, it takes a lot more work and money to do the swap correctly than many think.

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Screw the herd . If you want to do a conversion . just do it .Man why is it that no one can do anything different . You all blast the shit out of anyone who breaks with the norm

Bunch of Stepford supra owners

Moo Mooo dont do this! Moo Moo dont do that ! Screw your opinions it isn't what he asked for . They guy just wanted to know where he could get a clip for parts . Did he get four pages of answers ...Nope just mostly Mooing...

To answer your question I would contact Driftmotion , or tigerjapanese and offer to but the clip from them might be cheaper for them to give you a clip then to dispose of it

Try posting up on the forum that you want to go in on a clip and split the cost . Maybe try and post on other toyota forums about this . I met up with a Cressy owner and striped a Jza70 clip that he bought for his Cressy and got a bunch of stuff off of it before he scraped it .