Repair shop taking WAY TO LONG to fix a T-56. Is there anything I can do???

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Well here we go. Before the warrenty was up I had the shop rebuild the T-56 in my caddy. The reason for the rebuild is it would jump out to reverse. This was back in May and took them 3 weeks to compleat the job due to "set backs and custom ordered parts" when they said "it will take 1 week to R&R". It was a little over $3K for R&R, I was like what ever but thank you and out the door I went. On the way home (5 miles away) it started now to jump out of 6th gear!! WTF.

So I called them up about it and said they would look at it ASAP. Well after several phone calls and stops by the shop it is in once again in to be looked at. It was thursday, July 16th I dropped it off.

Now Well over a month later it STILL IS NOT DONE!!!! Every time I call or they call me with a "update" they have a new excuse why it isn't done yet. "the tranny shop is busy","there backed up with work","had to order more custom parts", <---they said this now three times!!. "it's not going together well", "things look sloppy"

Now Im just getting really pissed off. Is There anything I can do???? I Mean well over a month to rebuild a manual tranny, really? I just looked in summit racing and one can buy a new one for $2100. It cost more then that for them to R&R the old one.

Is there something I can threaten them with? BBB? Anything?

OK better end it with a pics. We all :love:pics. But im still pissed off about this whole run around at
St. Agusta Motor Works :bigun2:
p1387433_1.jpg

p1387433_2.jpg

p1387433_3.jpg

p1387433_4.jpg

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
I'm assuming this place is a caddy dealership? I would start off by talking to the higher ups or the owner of the business, chances are he has no idea his shop is pulling shit like this. If that fails then look into things like BBB.
Good luck

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
lewis15498;1387435 said:
I'm assuming this place is a caddy dealership? I would start off by talking to the higher ups or the owner of the business, chances are he has no idea his shop is pulling shit like this. If that fails then look into things like BBB.
Good luck

Sorry, I should have have said it in the OP. No it isn't at a dealership, A local shop where I used to trust the guys to touch my cars (not anymore after the second time with this run around). BTW this is the owner (s) telling me this!!

HommerSimpson

Dec 31, 2007
New Smyrna Beach Florida
sure... call them.. tell them you will be there friday to pick up your car... do you need to bring the check book or a flat bed.. ? that you are only going to bring one or the other.. and its up to them.. You can pay and drive your car away... or you can just flat bed it out of there and they eat any cost to remove it.. If they can not do the job.. then they should have never taken it in... kinda simple :} But dont let them fu you over... they can not just keep your car.. And the longer a car sits in a garage.. the chances go up its gona get a ding on scratch... so check it over real well when you pic it up...

btw sharp car to..

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
I like the flat bed route :evil2:. BTW this is there warrenty work gong on now so no need for a check book ;)

Thx for the complement

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
92nsx;1387486 said:
I like the flat bed route :evil2:. BTW this is there warrenty work gong on now so no need for a check book ;)

Thx for the complement

Talk to a dealership first, or wherever else your gonna send it, you might even be able to get them to send a flatbed for you free of charge!
Good luck mate

x10secondzx2

I love you.
Nov 25, 2007
Viera, Florida
www.myspace.com
You should probably look into LS1tech for T-56 issues. And if you are going to pay $3100 for a T-56 thats just dumb. You should probably look into getting a TR6060 or a T-56Magnum. Pretty much the same thing, same bellhousing, can hold 800lbs/torque.

And its sounds like you have another car if this is in the case, I would demand your caddy back and get it towed somewhere else or back to your house.