Removing Seats

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
Hey guys,

Im looking to remove my front and rear seats
in my 90T but cant seem to find out how anywhere.

My motor is out so i cant control the seats...

If anyone could explain or give me a link i would
appreciate it a ton.

spencyg

Oct 7, 2010
Maine, USA
Have you torn out the chassis harness and fuse boxes already? You should be able to just hook your battery up to the leads and power up the rest of the car as-is. If you've removed the ground wire from the engine block, just touch the ground to a clean spot on the chassis and you should be good to go.

I'm not aware of any way to manually move the seat back

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
ugh, not moving the seats sucks depending what position they're stuck in. But there just 4 14mm bolts holding the fronts in. 1 at each corner. Pretty easy to see and do with just a box wrench

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
Front seats are just 4 bolts at the bottom. Drivers side has the plug for the seat motors.

If it's in a bad spot a good flexible ratcheting wrench might make it easier:
7piece-flexible-combination-ratcheting-wrench-set-9907.jpg

The rears are a bit more of a pain.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Make sure you remove the wires from the bottom of the driver seat. Should have two separate connectors that you need to disconnect. Then it's just 4 14mm bolts, one at each corner of the seat. One more thing to remember is the seat belt fastener guide rails... Helps also, to telescope your steering wheel as far forward IN, and tilt it up. Tilt the front seat forward, and if you have a targa, take the roof off. If not... have fun. ;)

The rears aren't that much more difficult, just 3 bolts (10mm and 12mm, IIRC) for each half of the back seat, and the bottom half all comes up as one piece, via two 'tab' like things that you need to wiggle around a bit. The bottom cushion is about the hardest part of the whole interior stripping thing haha...

I6Boost

Apr 14, 2010
My Supra
Haha alright ill give it a shot today, thanks a ton guys for chiming in.

Im sure ill be replying soon with a question.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Eeew, i dont like the Recaros in MKIIIs. They have a tendency to sit you up way to high so you mash your head into the roof

Mo87NA

1987 7M-GE & 1991 7M-GTE
Mar 31, 2005
Upstate NY
hachibill;1663539 said:
out with the old 80lb + stock heap... in with the much lighter jdm goodness....

sm_photo_missing.jpg

I'm jealous. I have literally been looking for a decent set for years and nothing.

Grimsta;1663833 said:
Eeew, i dont like the Recaros in MKIIIs. They have a tendency to sit you up way to high so you mash your head into the roof

Grim, luckily I'm short and don't have to worry about those things :)

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Grimsta;1663833 said:

Only if you use the Recaros that came with the Supra. My aftermarket Recaros sit significantly lower than the stock seats. More comfy, too! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I would hope they're more comfortable... I always thought Mk3 Recaros were really hard.