Removing Rear Suspension Lower arms bushing install

supraguy@aol

Dec 30, 2005
Atlanta
Well, I was told it could be a source of clunking. I've got a clunk in the rear anytime I go throttle on, or throttle off.
I've checked the rear subframe, the bushings, replaced the diff itself, the driveshaft is a one-piece, so I'm running out of ideas.
I plan to replace all rear bushings including the spherical bearing, and check each halfshaft.

Cudadrt

May 23, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the bearing/bushing that's only available from Toyota, is there a specific name for it? I am going to replace all my bushing, due to the rear end swaying while driving, and have ordered the energy suspension kit. Since I found this about needing these two special bushing from Toyota, I'd like to go ahead and get them before I start. I also was reading how the bolts break and was wondering if these are ordered from Toyota as well? If so, I'll just order them too and have everything before I start. Thanks in advance.

Dwayne

Miiike

May 2, 2010
Brampton
Cudadrt;1760303 said:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but the bearing/bushing that's only available from Toyota, is there a specific name for it? I am going to replace all my bushing, due to the rear end swaying while driving, and have ordered the energy suspension kit. Since I found this about needing these two special bushing from Toyota, I'd like to go ahead and get them before I start. I also was reading how the bolts break and was wondering if these are ordered from Toyota as well? If so, I'll just order them too and have everything before I start. Thanks in advance.

Dwayne
You can get them from Toyota but I'm pretty sure they're cheaper from DM: http://store.driftmotion.com/static/i-camberboltset86-92suprarearlowercontrolarms.php

Cudadrt

May 23, 2010
Knoxville, TN
Thanks for the link on the bolts as I'm hoping no to need them. I was looking for the "spherical bushing" actually. At least I think that's what it's called. The guy at Toyota said he shows nothing for it. :/