Remote oil filter/ oil cooler mounting help needed

SupraMan1987

Mar 8, 2006
Hickory area, NC
I am finally getting around to mounting my remote oil filter and oil cooler in my GTE swap, and I need help. Where is everyone mounting their filter head? I thought about mounting it inside the front bumper near the washer fluid reservoir, but I can't figure out how exactly I would run the cooler lines then. Please let me know any suggestions, and pictures of what others have done would be great. Thanks guys.

thesupragod

Supramania Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Mount Vernon, Ohio
i dont have any pics but ill try to explain my setup to the best of my abilities.

I have a sandwich plate installed at the stock location, -12 lines running to my filter head that i installed in front of the the driver side fender well, i utilized the stock metal there for mounting, and i am using the largest ford filter that my head would allow.

From the head i have run both lines to a mocal thermostat that rests just in front of my a/c condenser.

From the thermostat the 2 -12 lines run to the passenger side of the a/c condenser where the mocal cooler is installed. I used washers and zip ties to mount the cooler to the front of the a/c condenser.

This setup is very effective, i never see high oil temps, and after running the car hard for a 30+ minutes in Miami heat the cooler gets pretty hot...

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Under the right headlight.

icpipes14s.jpg

FloTex

Crankin since the 1900s
Aug 13, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
I'm doing mine now. I am removing the windshield washer fluid tank and putting the remote oil filter in that space. I am mounting the thermostat on the frame centered below the radiator and the cooler at an angle under the drivers side headlight.

FloTex

Crankin since the 1900s
Aug 13, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
I tried to post pics but they "Fail to load" I'm using the paperclip symbol for "attachments" but it's not working. If anyone can tell me how I will post pics:confused:

wiseco7mgt

dirty mechanic
Aug 12, 2007
queensland
Under the headlight is a sweet spot as it makes for an easy oil change but also lets you mount the filter high enough to keep clear of stray rocks and speed bumps. Also allows for easy routing of the oil lines which won't need to use any aggressive bends to mate with the sandwich plate adapter on the block.
win, win ,win!